• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Vince to Mavs; Damp + Walker to NYC?

Bulldog

I am tired of the vince carter rumours. He has been on the trading block since early june. I don't think he is going anywhere. almost everyday espn is reporting that vince has demanded a trade but not once has he said he wants out of toronto. mostly third part sources are saying this and i don't know how true they are.

Quote:

Wow - this would be a coup for New York if they could get Walker and Dampier to the Knicks - that is size and versatility which they could use.

and Vince to Dallas? things may be looking up there - what a wild offseason...

How about, more like a wild rumor. I mean who does Toronto get for Vince? Uh, here is something the NY papers could write about, Toronto gets Marbury, Houston and at least two 1st round picks.

That is the only way I see this working, unless Toronto just wants to dump his contract for some really late first round picks. I do not think so.

Quote:

The Knicks always have there nose in everything that is going on, and normally they don't have the funds to do anything. They are already over their limit, and they can't even workout a deal to aquire Jamal Crawford just yet.

The Knicks make me laugh at times.

I hear ya man, they are like the gossipy next door neighbor. Nothing to do (they don't have enough money to do anything) but talk about everyone elses players.

A more likely trade would be with Dampier going to the Mavs, Walker to the Knicks and Kurt Thomas to the Warriors. Don't see why the Warriors would want to take on Kurt's contract but next to Foyle's, it doesn't look so bad.

If Carter was to go to the Mavs, they would want at least Finley and Howard back. If Toronto was willing to accept Stackhouse (shorter contract than Finley) and Howard, Cuban would do it in a heart beat.

Quote:

If Carter was to go to the Mavs, they would want at least Finley and Howard back. If Toronto was willing to accept Stackhouse (shorter contract than Finley) and Howard, Cuban would do it in a heart beat

Yea I bet Cuban would. Toronto needs a point guard in the worse way, I just can't see then accepting NY's or the Mav's scrubs and/or big contracts for a player of Vince's stature. And then, to top it all off, still not have a point guard to start the season with.

If they did this, it would be one of the ugliest trades in history. Their building would be empty on opening night.

If they can get a Kidd like point guard, or Kobe, McGrady like scorer, or a Duncan like big man, that is where I see a possibility.

Does not have to be those players, but it will have be a player or players with that kind potential. I just do not think they will trade away Vince Carter for expiring contracts and late first round picks.