Falcons vs Ravens

cyman3

anyone watch it? i watched half of it (began half of first quarter and fell asleep watching it in the late 3rd quarter).

but from wat i saw

- Matt Schaub threw 2 INTs to go with 0 touchdowns. it doesnt look good on paper, but again- hes just a rookie. im willing to give him a few more preseason games to impress me. he does throw the ball hard, but just threw 2 crucial bad passes. it was just the wrong pass at the wrong time and at the wrong player. take out the 2 INTs and add in 1-2 touchdowns, and he would cleary be the MVP of the game (for our team).

- Didnt see Vick played, but i heard he played for 1 series and that he got SACKED in a play? man, just hearing that scares me... so much of the season relies on Vick's health.

- DeAngelo Hall... some call it confidence, some call it cockyness... but man, i love it. the dude looks good out there. that one pass deflection (he was one on one w/ a WR... the pass was a good LONG pass, but Hall jumped high and deflected it). his coverage and speed is such a positive asset to our team.

- i think we had 3 starters out on defense out (minor injuries/recovery time). however, we controlled the line of scrimmage. We had several sacks. switching to the 4-3 may payoff!

- JIM MORA went 2 for 2 on challenges... good call coach! hes officially the first coach to go 2 for 2 on challenges, and receive the 3rd challenge (new NFL rule). however, since its just preseason... i doubt it'll be recorded down... no biggie...

I watched the entire game, that's how desperate I was for some football.

A few thoughts...

-Willie Quinnie, Brandon Williams, Glen Pakulak, Woody Dantzler, and Curome Cox...please turn in your pads. Thanks for your effort, but you just don't have it.

-Hall looked superb. I loved it when he came up to take on Jamal Lewis and ended up forcing him to fumble. His athleticism was displayed on the deep ball he knocked away.

-Schaub looked solid. I'm willing to look past the 2 INTs. The first one wasn't his fault, but #2 was on him. Still, he looked comfortable in the pocket. Didn't panic in the face of the blitz and looked like a decent NFL QB, which ain't bad for his first game.

-I loved the aggressive looks we got from our defense early. Even with 4 starters out, we managed to hold the Ravens scoreless. They still had their 1st string in late in the 1st half, when they scored on our 2nd unit.

-The O-Line wasn't too sharp. But, this was only the 2nd time they've been able to really practice. I'd hate to be one of them though, because Alex Gibbs likely ripped them a new one last night.

That's all I can think of for now...overall, I was pleased with what I saw last night. We've got a good team.

yea, other than those 2 ints Schaub looked good out there.

the first INT was little high... thats all...

i think the fact that

1)we're facing #1 defense RAVENS

2)raining pretty hard

has lot to do w/ Schaub subpar game... but i think he'll bounce back against MINN.

just like u, i was craving for football... lol