• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Madden 2005 is AWESOME

Admin

I just got it last night and spent about 4 hours playing it and let me tell you, its a MAJOR improvement over last years fantastic game. The new HIT STICK thing is so awesome. When you get close to a player in the open field and want to lay the wood on him you use your right analog stick and if the timing is just right you can really do some damage, either cause a fumble, injure the player, or hit him so hard he will think twice about touching the ball again. This year the movement of the players is just so fluid its unbelievable. They have all kinds of new features as well. I bought the collectors edition for $60 because it comes with something like 150 teams and 300 classic games or something like that. It definitely seemed worth the extra $10.

Anyone else out there have this game yet?

I also have the game, and it is well worth it.

The only thing I get sick of is the same lines by Madden, during game player, so I tend to turn down his voice.

I am missing the moving teams to another state feature, but it's not that big of a deal.

The game is outstanding, and is much better than ESPN 2k5, but both are very good games.

Yeah I think my only complaint is the same lines by Madden himself. He has added quite a few new ones, but they carried over a bunch of them from last year. I am finding that games are even more competitive this year and that you need some speed at RB to succeed. I also really like the fact that the teams that really are good in the NFL are good in this game, unlike in years past when you could have the real defending super bowl champs struggling to break .500 in their first year of Madden with the computer playing as them.

I have only played 5 games in the 1st regular season so far since work has been nuts, but I am looking forward to the playoffs. I am thinking that after this season I will bump up to the All Madden level and try to play on that. The games have been good so far, but I have noticed that playing with Miami if I get a 2 TD lead the game is over because the CPU teams go to almost exclusively passing which against Miami's secondary is insane when they know you are doing it. I can put in a dime formation and the game is basically over with a blowout on the way.