• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Billy Knight's comments about both Chill & Smooth

Blunt91

If you wathed the game you saw that Knight was at the commentators table during the first quarter. Rathbun had asked a question about the rookies. Billy Knight said something to the effect that different people progress at different paces. "You take Josh Childress who has played 3years of college ball but he is skinny, he needs to get stronger yet on the other hand you have Josh Smith whom just came out of highschool but weighs 230lbs." To me I read between the lines of that statement. Billy Knight wanted to remain professional but really what he was saying is that Childress is progressing slower than Josh Smith has so far even though he has college experience. He just used the thing about size to be tactful and not put J-Chill. Did any of you guys pickup on that? What are your thoughts?

ahead of Chill at this point and he is surprised by it. I have to admit that I am surprised as well. I thought Chill would be playing MUCH better by now but instead, it appears that he has played himself from the starting lineup to right out of the rotation altogether. Hopefully he'll get it going soon but when Delk gets fully healthy, he might find his minutes hard to come by.

• Premium Member

Yeah, that's how I saw it too. I think J-Smooth will get a lot of time. Immediately following though, he and Grant started talking about the maturity. I think what will happen is that J-Smooth will get time on the court to build up that maturity.

I think (and hope) that Chills problem is just a learning curve. But once he picks up it will be exponetially. Whereas SMooth is a steady climber. Or to put it another way; Chill wants to learn all the rules and nuances before acting where Smooth throws everything out to see what sticks.