• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Grant Long

Dakin

I'm willing to give this guy a chance to get better cause he was one of my favorite players and he's a good guy, but he's making me miss the stinger more and more. I think his biggest problem is not thinking before he makes a comment. Tonite he actually said something like "jason kidd is not a strong perimeter player you can't let Eric Williams beat you on the perimeter you need to take your chances with Kidd" He actually had the audacity to say the hawks should give ERIC WILLIAMS more respect on the perimeter than Jason Kidd! Crazy. Not that Kidd is the greatest 3 point shooter ever but we're talking about Eric Williams here! Come on Grant.

Come on guys...Jason Kidd cannot shoot the ball from the outside...It's a proven fact...Now, that being said, he can be streaky from time to time and make a few. But, generally speaking he's not a very good shooter.

Let's not forget that Grant Long played in the NBA for a long time and played with Eric Williams in Boston for a few of those year...Give Grant some credit on this one.

He practiced and played with Eric Williams, so, he knows what he's capable of doing on the floor.

Jason Kidd is the best penetrator/creator/set-up point guard in the league..but, he's going to be no one...no one with his jump shot..at least not on a regular basis.

• Premium Member

I'm not trying to defend Long...

But Jason Kidd has a history of being a bad shooter but a good clutch shooter. Since he played with the Suns, he was at one point a 31% from the field and less from 3pt range kind of guy. At the same time, he could hit the clutch shot that gets him on ESPN... But comparitively, I would like to see his numbers and EWills numbers compared. I don't like Williams at all, but he may be a better shot than Kidd.

wow i have too much free time.

In their careers Kidd's made about 33% of his 3's while Williams has made about 31%. Neither one is a great 3 point shooter, neither is terrible. That's why Long's comment didn't make sense. No big deal though.