• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Expect little in return for Walker.

Kaviar1

Looking through Hoopshype.com this morning only helped confirm what I knew the League already knew about Walker. I hope no one expects major returns in any trade involving him. Here are a couple of noteworthy clips:

"It's also important to note that, contrary to several reports, Danny Ainge has no trader's remorse over sending Walker to Dallas. He saw how the Mavericks had him back on the market two months later (for the same reasons Ainge moved him) and how that club left him unprotected in the expansion draft." Boston Herald

"The Knicks delimma, however is they need an upgrade on defense, and Walker is not known for that aspect." New York Post

I think, do to the quicker than expected development of last years draft picks, that Walker needs to go sooner rather than later. He has not made the most of his talent since coming into the NBA, and takes up a colossal portion of the offense. He's not what I would consider a role model.

A trade involving Walker should net a draft pick somewhere between 25-30.

Quote:

I'm sure he is waiting for the day he is traded also. Yeah,

he turns the ball over alot and takes some bad shots. But

he sure isn't the reason the Hawks are only winning one out

of every 5 games.

It's guys like him that make me want to go up to his face and PUNCH HIM AND BREAK HIS NOSE or something....

Him acting "oh hhahaha...I am like so happy that Walker is gone..yesiree bob...."

.................maybe a metal chair to the head will do instead?

What am I happy about #8? I am a Hawks fan from way back. Like any biased fan, I want to see my team on the recieving end of lobsided trades, and have every draft pick bring a franchise player!

The Hawks did not give up a lot to get Walker, they should not feel stung with what I said they will get. Dallas should feel slighted though for what they gave Boston.

Quote:

i hope thats not how it plays out...

but this is a Hawks board, not a AW board

try not to get personal about it bro
grin.gif

But it's FUN, man!! wink.gif

Besides, I'd rather watch the Hawks play basketball than having to watch my OTHER Favorite Sports player(Vinny Testaverde) get his ass booed. frown.gif

heh...if you think about it, Vinny Testaverde may be the Antoine Walker of the NFL.

Mark Cuban had a Jason/Antoine trade about to be signed till MARK backed out of the deal because he was concerned about Kidds knee. There was also a 3 way deal Mark Cuban backed out of that would have gotten Dallas Vince Carter

and the Boston deal that would have gotten Danny AInge Rasheed Wallace for Antoine and filler.

I wouldn't call any of them bad players.So tp say that he couldn't get a good player is untrue and in fact wrong.

Rasheed Wallace for Antoine and filler was a done deal till Rasheed Wallace told his agent to tell both teams if he was traded to Boston he would make both of their lives a living hell. I wouldn't be surprised to see Portland get in the mix again.

FYI, Hoopsworld got their inofrmation from the Boston Heralds Steve Bulpett a known Celtics scrub aka Danny Ainge's mouth piece.

Quote:

Let's put it this way Tip, Mr. Walker's value in the League is obviously at an all time low. And if Rasheed could only net the Hawks a mid 1st rounder last year, what do you think Walker is going to bring?

I told you that you are wrong. Before this season arrived the Jason Kidd deal was in place. Walker has been a lot better this year then he got the chance to be last year.

Mark Cuban had a deal in place that got him Jason Kidd with Walker going to Dallas but he reniged on the deal because of Kidd's knee.

Reagrdless of what you say that and the Rasheed deal (which happened before the Mavericks) are not as bad as YOU are making it out to be. To say you never good get a good deal is false and I give you the 3 names above.

I am not expecting this for the Hawks but don't under estimate his value.

Antione Walker is a very good player in this league. An All-Star in my opinion. And to me he's gotten a bad rap. However his talents are only good in certain offenses. Dallas's was not one of them. Ours may be, but we don't have the additional personnel to be a contender.

I would expect something substantial in return for Walker with the only thing holding back is he could leave that team at the end of the season.