• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Keep an eye on Josh Boone of UCONN......

lush23

Boone has shot up the charts on most draft boards. He has good size (6'10") and looks like he has grown since last season. Big time rebounder which the Hawks could really use. He's really bright also, he scored a 1200 on his SAT's. Plus we could use another player named Josh!

Quote:

Boone is a smart, aggressive player. I don't know if he's going to be an NBA star, but he certainly is filling up box scores this year.

I wonder...If we are unable to land Dalembert via trade, maybe we can grab this kid in the draft and make due with LUE and IVEY for the time being.

If we can draft this kid, Re-sign Walker to a reasonable price, AND Sign SWIFT....Our lineup would be :

PG Lue/Ivey

SG Childress / Donta

SF Harrington / Josh Smith

PF Walker / Swift

C Josh Boone / Peja (Collier will be busy selling hotdogs in the stands)

Maybe in addition, we could somehow lure(*cough*OVERPAY*cough*) Michael REDD to come here as well...

Then our lineup would be :

PG Lue/Ivey

SG Redd / Childress / Donta

PF Walker / Swift

C Josh Boone / Peja

NOW THAT is one hell of a lineup!! cool.gif

"PG Lue/Ivey

SG Childress / Donta

PF Walker / Swift

C Josh Boone / Peja (Collier will be busy selling hotdogs in the stands)"

I Can't Stand it anymore!!!!!

How can you people propose lineups that have SMoove coming off the bench????

How? Please tell me?

Any line-up you devise for next year - HAS to have Smoove starting, either at the 3 or 4.

If your line-up doesn't have SMoove starting, then go back and make anothe one!!

I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS!!!

Where do people come up with the idea that our best line-up should have Smoove on the bench?

Hello:?

ANybody home?

people want to keep both walker and harrington, but we CAN'T, at least not in the next year or two...we will NEVER contend with walker/al as our forwards...if we are to contend, then smoove must become a stud...therefore we have to assume he will be starting...so we need to ditch either al or toine...

swift can be brought in because he can get 30mpg playing half pf half center and isn't our stud...al and toine can't play half pf/half center, so one of them has to go...

toine is older and not as good a man-to-man defender as al and will resign for more than al's price, so he's the obvious one to go...

for a shotblocking/rebounding center, i'm willing to part with al or walker or both...

if it takes both, then we draft pg and either sign a sg like redd/johnson/jacobsen/hughes and run pg/redd/chill/smoove/center or sign swift or another blocking/rebounding big and run pg/chill/smoove/swift/center

we have flexibility since chill/smoove can play sg/sf or sf/pf...

Quote:

If your line-up doesn't have SMoove starting, then go back and make anothe one!!

I love it, and I whole-heartedly concur.

Folks, like it or not, Josh Smith is THE FUTURE for this team. He is the only reason that we have aspirations of being a contender. Sure, we might pick up a franchise player in the coming draft (Paul??), but we don't have that now. The other nice pieces on this team are just pieces, and they can be replaced. Smoove is good enough to be starting on HALF the teams in the league right now at barely 19. He is good enough to start for us now, next year, whenever, and he will ONLY GET BETTER. Moreover, we cannot afford not to start him because he is SOOOOOO valuable for his shot blocking and rebounding...not just to us, to any team. I don't care if he can't score 15 ppg, he's far too valuable to our team (for aforementioned reasons) to come off the bench.

How many GM's wish they hadn't passed on Smoove right now? OK, I dunno for sure, but I'm guessing it's 13 (that's 1 for every pick between Okafor and Smith, except for Childress).

This guy has showed no consistency in the last 2 games:

10 points and 7 rebounds in the last 2 games, I definitely don't want this guy as our first round pick.

Last night I was intrigued by some on this board, so I watched the game last night and saw him get dominated by either Kevin Bookout ( a nobody) and Taj Gray ( which showed more of a promising pick). Boone had 2 points and 3 rebounds, don't want that from a potential lottery pick.

Okafor had some bad games last year. No player is on every night. Boone had about 12 straight excellent games. He is an opportunistic, aggressive player, not an isolation guy....not at this point.

The most impressive thing to me is the way he plays around the basket as a sophomore. He's a smart player, too, and he makes his team better.

#1 pick? No, no. I expect him to go top 10, though, if he comes out.