• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Draft suddenly seems better..

Iman

Early on, I had heard this would be a deep draft but I didnt see anyone that I was interested in. Lately, the more I read the better it sounds.

Marvin Williams(outta UNC, now they think he may come out)-we dont need another swing player but his potential seems outstanding, I'd take him so far if I were drafting. I seriously hope he improves and decides to come out, makes our pick much more valuable.

Marty A-I thought he might be another puny Euro center but the more I read he sounds to have real upside.

Points-seems like Williams outta Illinois and then Felton would be my choices. On a recent board I noticed Jack wasnt listed, I guess they think he may stay in school.

Green (I'm with Diesel on this one, I like him if somehow we fall to the 6th pick or so) and a few Euros sound promising. I think we draft best talent and worry about positions later.

I dont like Taft but I saw him compared to Moses Malone. Bogut seems a fine midfirst pick to me, I dont see him having the size to be a good center or the talent to be a great PF. As long as players like these and Paul, etc are highly valued then I'm sure we'll get something great outta the draft, even if we give up the pick.

Williams does look awesome. I would think though he would need a few years to fully develop if he came out this year. Point guards do seem deep. Taft just disapoints me greatly. Did anyone read the ESPN the magazine article about him? He acts like he can dominate anytime he wants to but just doesn't choose to. He has all of the physical tools but I am not sure he has the head from reading that article. What do you guys think of him?

• Premium Member

I don't think Taft can dominate anything. ON the 22nd, Boone meets Taft. I will be watching. I think that both have a ways to go.

As far as Williams go, I'm not sold.

I like GG. I think he's a good pickup for somebody.

But for us... Right now, we are looking for PG/C.

Taft looked bad to me, that was one of the reasons I thought the draft looked weak. Also Splitter had been placed high and he didnt sound like much to me.

I think it's hard for any young player to pass up being lottery picked and I think Williams is a lock there. I had seen UNC play early in the year and didnt notice him. Against Tech he was very impressive.

I still say we draft best available. At our pick that might be MartyA anyways. Or maybe we move down a few picks and do take our point of choice.

• Premium Member

Yeah... Boone looked like Crap in the last 2 games. I am interested to see the Boone taft matchups.

I think that the only true things in the draft are the PGs from the ACC, Deron Williams, Head (in the second round), Splitter (believe it or not, I think he is going to be good because of where he plays).

And two players i am intrigued about is G. Green and Bogut.

I think the case of Boguy and Andrievickus are the same... 2 big men who are gettting by on size and not substance. BUT I want to see a few games by Green...

Really all we're going by right now with Green are draft write-ups I presume. I mean, has anyone seen him play yet? Anyways, he does sound very impressive from his write-up I read on nbadraft.net, but we'll just have to wait and see. The write-up on draftcity.com about Marty just makes me think that he will end up like Darko. This draft reminds of that draft actually. There is no LeBron of course...but I think there is few players who could end up like Wade, Bosh, Melo', Hinrich, Ford, ect...but that there are going to be a few bigs who are just going to be bust. Ex: Darko and Kaman. Let's not waste a pick on a guy just because of size and pass up an athletic impact type of player in this draft. The type of big I want on this team is an athletic Center ranging from 6'11 on up that plays hard and TOUGH. Rebounds and blocks shots and plays tough D is enough for me. A Theo Ratliff type maybe? But not one of these slow footed centers or rail thin centers who can (only) shoot from 15 feet on out.

I know this doesn't involve the Hawk's unless some how they were bad enough next year to get the 1st or 2nd pick but anyone read up on this high school junior Brandon Wright a power forward who they compare to Kevin Garnett.His right up is incredible to bad he can't come out for this draft.Seems like the Hawks always get this kind of luck where there is no superstar when they get a top pick but when they fall back to the pack another team gets one.

Quote:

I know this doesn't involve the Hawk's unless some how they were bad enough next year to get the 1st or 2nd pick but anyone read up on this high school junior Brandon Wright a power forward who they compare to Kevin Garnett.His right up is incredible to bad he can't come out for this draft.Seems like the Hawks always get this kind of luck where there is no superstar when they get a top pick but when they fall back to the pack another team gets one.

Note to scout :

THERE WILL NEVER BE ANOTHER KEVIN GARNETT!

He was a special case(like Josh Smith is).

I know that the Kevin Garnett's of the world are rare and that these comparisions are rarely right but if this kid is incredible talent even though not Garnett's lets see the kid play before he is labeled. It happens to often in sports where the media will say he is the next so and so.Every once in awhile a kid will come along with incredible talent so it will be interesting to see how good this kid is.Some kids take a little longer to develop and you never know all the sudden a kid can come out of nowhere case in point Michael Jordan could not make varsity till junior year of high school.