• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

One guy I dont think we have talked about at SF

Admin

Who could fit almost perfectly for what we need at SF is Bruce Bowen. He is a great defensive player, can definitely knock down the trey and is relatively young and cheap. He has a player option to become a FA this year and if he takes it, would be great for us. He is no Battier, but he would be an upgrade to Ira offensively and about the same defensively.

• Admin

If the rumors hold true that he's working on his jumpshot all summer, I think he can be a better version of Bowen. One who can do more than stand there and shoot the occasional 3. we've seen that Ira can and will drive the lane when it opens up for him. Not to mention hitting the mid-range shot. PLus he knows the team and would be cheaper than even bowen.

I havent gotten to see Ira play like you guys have. Actually I have only seen him play once and his jumpshot didnt impress me at all. I hope that its something that can be worked on, because the rest of his game is very solid and I would love to see us grow him up into a star.

• Admin

A star to die hard hawks fans, sure. But beyond that I don't see it. I'm not concerend about how his jumper looks. I'm concerned with his production. As it was last year he gave us a consistant 9ppg on near 50% shooting. That's very good production for a guy who doesn't see the ball very often. If he's working on his jumper like the reports have said, I see no reason why he can't up that average to 12-13ppg without lowering his fg% much at all, if any. He very well could have given us that last year if he had gotten 1-2 more shots per game. Considering that he's a defensive minded role player, I don't see him "getting shots". He'll just take more of them that come his way. He passed on a LOT of open shots last year becuase I don't feel he felt comfortable enough in taking them. If he's working on his shot a lot then his confidence to take more of those will be up as will his production.

Bowens 40 something ft shooting doesn't impress

me at all.Not to mention his 36% shooting.I don't

know were you get Bowen is a upgrade on offense

over anyone.Bowen isn't a upgrade over anyone on

the offensive end.He is a down grade on offense if

anything.One year he shot 27%!That is embarassing!