• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Walker's return to Boston

Dakin

We Had bad shooting all night from everybody but we didn't get run off the floor. Walker is our primary scorer but he was forcing it . I would have like for everyone to get more involved. I think Toine was trying to prove too much tonight and like everyone else he wasn't really fresh.I was hoping for more after the beatdown of the bucks but as long as we can keep developing the young guys it is not a total loss.

Quote:

9-29 shooting. He showed them!

He had 17 rebounds and 8 assist (o 1 turnover) to you know. There is more to basketball then scoring. I bet you were delighted with Paul Pierce's stats tonight even though he kept hogging the ball and only had 7 assists because the team shot 50% as a whole. He had 6 turnovers and if someone had a bad shooting night the Hawks would have won.

Please don't comment on anything Boston because you show how clueless you are when you do. Having lived there in the past their fans are a bunch of whining jerk's that turn on their own players. They want Pierce traded now and when he is gone they will whine about that.

haha. Sorry Mr. Tip, I was totally unaware that not being a Walker fan makes me a celtics fan. Just for future reference I'm a Hawks fan. Walker's stats look good if you ignore the shooting. But honestly how many chip shot baskets did he miss tonite? not to mention the free throw shooting of Walker and his front court mate. Lots of bad passes and poor decisoins too. Walker has skills but he's not a great player.

that 10-30 is somewhat misleading

why?

1)There were SEVERAL TIMES throughout the game where he took one up, missed it, rebounded it himself, tried again, missed, rebounded it, over and over- til it went in. To me, thats going 1 for 1 (as long as he does it over and over until i goes in, on 1 possession). lol. but seriously, this happened several times as the hawks COULD NOT MAKE easy baskets in the paint.

it was weird. never seen anything like it.

2)During scoring droughts, he made shots to bring us closer in the game. before RICKY DAVIS got hot (and man, was he ON FIRE!), it was the A WALKER show. He had a double-double at halftime.

3)Teams (in 4th quarter) double-teamed him immediately late in the game. They respected his shot and did not want him to take any shots.

but after all is said and done, we lost. We should have either

A) LOST BY A LOT MORE!

or

B) WON THE GAME!

no middle ground. if we made our layups/dunks and FTs, we win. simple as that. but we didnt. as a result- our fg% was pathetic. so we lost the game.

"1)There were SEVERAL TIMES throughout the game where he took one up, missed it, rebounded it himself, tried again, missed, rebounded it, over and over- til it went in. To me, thats going 1 for 1 (as long as he does it over and over until i goes in, on 1 possession). lol. but seriously, this happened several times as the hawks COULD NOT MAKE easy baskets in the paint. "

If anything, that makes his rebounding numbers misleading, now doesn't it?

Quote:

"1)There were SEVERAL TIMES throughout the game where he took one up, missed it, rebounded it himself, tried again, missed, rebounded it, over and over- til it went in. To me, thats going 1 for 1 (as long as he does it over and over until i goes in, on 1 possession). lol. but seriously, this happened several times as the hawks COULD NOT MAKE easy baskets in the paint. "

If anything, that makes his rebounding numbers misleading, now doesn't it?

No ne says you have to like, love, tolerate or care about Walker but you are proving the Celtic troll thing.

If it makes you feel better to think Walker's

10 for 30 shooting was really 10 for 23 and he had only 10 rebounds then so be it because that is at most the differential.

Why do you insist on knocking down the slightest good anyone saw in this game. Your not a fan because a fan takes the good with the bad and you want to only see bad.

Why would I post here and watch every Hawks game if I'm a Celtics fan? I love the HAwks but I'm not gonna lie and say that they're any good right now. "Your not a fan because a fan takes the good with the bad and you want to only see bad." ha, yea well I havn't seen you start any JAson Collier appreciation threads. Why is it ok to constantly critisize collier, diaw, and anderson, but Walker is off limits? When Walker has a good game I acknowledge it, especially if the team wins, but last nite he was terrible. Please stop calling me a Celtics troll. I've posted about alot more than not liking Walker's game, get over it.

Quote:

Why is it ok to constantly critisize collier, diaw, and anderson, but Walker is off limits?

Well I don't know about Walker being off limits. He does get criticism for bonehead plays of course. But we criticize Collier more 'cause....well...HE FREAKING SUCKS d*ck! Okay? mad.gif

Diaw....I don't know what's going on with this kid but whatever it is, it isn't helping the team at ALL. His aversion to shooting the ball is alarming in that it totally turns the game into a 5-on-4 matchup. Sure, Diaw has his moments on Defense but he's not Bruce Bowen. He has to shoot the damn ball...otherwise, he's hopeless.

Anderson....He had an effective game last night and he did TRY to play Defense but the fact is that the future is Lue and Ivey....Kenny is just the odd man out in this equation. A Numbers game, if you will. I can't criticize Kenny 'cause it was established awhile ago that he just doesn't have it anymore so anything he does give the team is a bonus.

Quote:

When Walker has a good game I acknowledge it, especially if the team wins
, but last nite he was terrible.

So if Walker has a good game but the team loses, You WON'T acknowledge it? Feh.... mad.gif

Quote:

Please stop calling me a Celtics troll. I've posted about alot more than not liking Walker's game, get over it.

You are not a Celtics troll by any stretch(those guys are WORSE). But I think you need to "get over it" as far as blaming Antoine for the teams losses. That's your problem and it's a DUMB PROBLEM TO HAVE. frown.gif

C'mon, man....

I don't blame him for the losses, but the fact is we're a lotto team with him and we'll be a lotto team without him. Personally I'd rather see us lose with chill, smoove and harrington at 2,3, and 4. Then we can address point and center through the draft and FA. If Walker wants to sign for the mle or something, then I'll welcome him back and hope the pieces around him develop enough to make him less of a focus.

Also after a loss I tend to focus on why we lost, not who had a nice game. I really don't hate Walker, in fact I really like him, and he's a one of the most entertaining players the hawks have ever had. His overall game drives me crazy though and like I said, with or without him, we're going to be bad for a little while.

One of the Hawk's bench only played for a few minutes

last night - He only took one shot, from 3/4 court

with the quarter ending.

Soon afterward, he was gone for the night.

Seems that no one noticed. While No Shot Diaw was on

the floor for his short time, the Hawks made their run.

The ball moved quickly. Diaw found open players. They

took the ball and scored. He played some pretty good

defense in his short stay, and the gap began to close.

Funny thing is, no one seemed to notice his contributions.

Not the announcers, not the fans. Not the coaches.

Maybe, if he played more, things would have gone down

hill fast after that - maybe it would have been a lot

worse, but then again, maybe not.

Diaw certainly hasn't been all that great for the Hawks

all year. His reluctance to shoot is well documented

and is very worrisome - enough to keep him on the bench,

game after game.

Sometimes, when he does do something good, someone needs

to notice - - like last night.

Go Hawks !!!!!

cool.gif

Well graymule, Diaw is turning into nothing more than an afterthought on this team right now.

Sure he almost made that heave but I ask...So what? 'Cause he doesn't want to shoot, he's riding the pine. He does play decent-to-good defense but Woodsen wants his players to score points, too. Boris isn't doing that or isn't even trying to do that.

Say what you will about Walker but while his "defense" leaves much to be desired, he still does other things to contribute to the team. 30 shot attempts? 15 of those shots SHOULD'VE BEEN TAKEN by Diaw had he not earned Woodsen's Wrath.

Just my take...

exactly. Nobody notices anything here but scoring. Diaw is a well rounded player who pretty much does everything well except for being selfish on offense. I know this is a trigger happy league, but it's not like he's clueless here. It's hard to change your instincts and the way you've been taught to play your whole life. Don't give up on him yet. His game is tailored to being the instigator of an offense that has plenty of weapons around him. That is not what we have here in Atlanta.

But this whole time (this year and last), the fluidity of our team game always improves significantly when he's in. He does what our point guards have failed to do. I understand how frustrating it is for american basketball fans to see an NBA player pass up open shots, but stick with him. I'd much rather have a player whose main issue is that he hasn't yet adapted to NBA decision making (attack if you have any space), than a player who doesn't have the skills or fundamentals necessary to play alot.

Also I really don't think Woodson is holding him out because he can't contribute. He does when he plays. I think he feels that cutting his minutes unless he is more selfish offensively gives Diaw the best chance of actually "getting it" and incorporating this into his game.

He may never catch on and maximize his potential as an NBA player, but he is a good player with plenty of skills.

Apparently I haven't made my point clear....

Quote:

He does play decent-to-good defense but Woodsen wants his players to score points, too. Boris isn't doing that or isn't even trying to do that.

That is why he is being benched. I mean Woodsen said as much in an article earlier this year answering the question of why Boris hasn't been playing much. Stop assuming that he meant anything other than what he said. This isn't Bill Parcells we are talking about here.

And the point that you're missing is that there is much, much more to basketball than on-man defense and scoring. There is passing, setting up plays, moving without the ball, defensive rotation, setting screens, etc... All of which Diaw does well and many other players don't.

And this so called quote of Woodson tells me nothing. Of course he's sitting because he's not shooting. That's not the issue. The question is whether he's sitting because he thinks Diaw hurts the team more than he helps , or if he's sitting because Woodson wants to get his full attention and get him to shoot more.

Your one liners are cute and all, but you don't seem to get alot of this other than "Walker's awesome OMG OMG, Diaw sucks let's trade him".

Hey! Stop putting words in my mouth!!

Diaw isn't playing 'cause he isn't shooting, period. That's my belief, the coach said it, and I'm sticking with it.

Now as far as for you saying How "great" I think Walker is....Don't be a SMARTASS, son. mad.gif

Let Boris go out there and shoot the ball with abandon(he will certainly make more shots from the field than Antoine attempts...) and then you'll see Boris *gasp* get more PT. shocked.gif AND you'll see Walker *NOT* have to shoot the ball 30 F'n times 'cause his own teammates either CAN'T HIT A LAYUP or Can't catch an easy pass to them to hit a layup.

Sheesh.....

Why don't you show me the posts where I have critized anyone? You can't find any.

There is critizing and there is blaming. If you can't see the difference then oh well.

I really don't care what your opinion is until it turns to unfair blame. Walker had an amazing game yesterday except for the shooting and even that can be explained but it wasn't the reason we lost. AT leats not the only reason.

Quote:

Why would I post here and watch every Hawks game if I'm a Celtics fan? I love the HAwks but I'm not gonna lie and say that they're any good right now. "Your not a fan because a fan takes the good with the bad and you want to only see bad." ha, yea well I havn't seen you start any JAson Collier appreciation threads. Why is it ok to constantly critisize collier, diaw, and anderson, but Walker is off limits? When Walker has a good game I acknowledge it, especially if the team wins, but last nite he was terrible. Please stop calling me a Celtics troll. I've posted about alot more than not liking Walker's game, get over it.