• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Robinson Arrival Sets Hawks Lineup

jaywalker72

Don’t mistake it; the Friday deal that brought Glenn Robinson to the Hawks for Toni Kukoc, Leon Smith, and a 2003 first round pick has lit the dormant firecracker that has been the Atlanta Hawks basketball community.

Last season, the Hawks stumbled throughout the first half of the season, desperately trying to find a lineup and rotation that worked.

Every player on the roster seemed to struggle with the constant juggling, with many of them complaining that there were no roles and responsibilities set for the team.

And therein lies another positive in trading for Robinson, it makes the starting five for the Hawks fairly clear:

Read the entire article:

http://hawks.realgm.com/showarticle.php?artid=202

I think it's a tribute to this board and our relatively small (in size but not in geography) that we have been all over this quest from go.

We have, in total, discussed Big Dog as one of the primaries in trade for the Babcock-stated SG/SF types from the beginning of this quest back in April.

I wrote a piece (Hawks Looking to Trade) on the matter the day after Pete came out on TV during a game and announced the quest for the first time:

http://hawks.realgm.com/showarticle.php?artid=154

I regret that I did not consider Jamison's BYC status this season, thereby making him impossible to deal, so that I did not discuss the other finalists (McDyess, Big Dog, Sprewell, and Eddie Jones) further.

But hats off to all of us....We have been on the ball, on top of it, and now it validates all of us as "Insiders" just as much as Chad Ford, David Aldridge, or any other imposter.

To the best fans in the NBA....the few, the proud....The Squawkers!!!

Nothing more than we have come to expect. You have

spoiled us with your great reporting.

If we still have Nazr, and if not, whoever we replace him

with, will probably get a lot of playing time as Hawks

begin the season. Don't expect our "new" center to be a

"Sixty Minute Man" (IE/play a lot of minutes) as the season gets under way.

I know that he will have a lot of time to get ready for the

regular season opener, but it will take time for the rust

to dissapear from his game. I expect him to pick up more

than his share of fouls early in the season (Timing, you

know) and he will need relief more early in the season as

he gets his "sea legs" back.

Again, thanks for the great article.

Gray Mule