What if ----?

We are reasonably sure that everything will turn out well

when "Big Dog" goes to court. It seems to have happened

to Iverson.

What happens if everything goes wrong for "Big Dog?"

We are told that he faces the potential of a year in prison

if convicted on all counts. Just suppose that this actually

comes to pass and he is sent away for a year. That leaves

the Hawks with a big, empty spot for the season.

What then? If bad comes to worse, and Big Dog is sent

away, what of his pay check? Do Hawks have to pay it

any way? Does this count against our salary cap?

Everyone, me included, believes that this is not going to

happen but the possibility remains until this thing is

settled. Scary, isn't it!

Hawks lost an expected starter last season to IR and we

expect him back, healthy and giving us an all star center.

Losing an expected starter and potential all star to a

year in prison could be gut wrenching for us in the

upcoming season.

Gray Mule

This is just a thought but if we did lose Robinson, which we won't, how much worse would be than before the trade. Do you mean to tell me you expected a meaningful contribution from Toni or Leon (who would never have made the team). Funny thing about this trade is that it is such a gain that it clearly overwhelms the risk of losing robinson (I am certain this is why Babcock was willing to overlook his good guy philosophy). Just a hunch but these contracts almost always favor the teams. Typically if a player does something to endanger his status as a player the contract is voided, if the team agrees. Getting arrested is not like getting injured while on the court or practice.

If Big Dog were convicted of all counts, he COULD go to jail for up to one year. That is true. However, all that really means is that he was charged with a series of misdemeanors. Misdemeanors carry a maximum sentence of 1 year in jail but in reality, the vast majority of them are dealt with via fine, community service, counseling and/or probation. No felony charges were filed against Big Dog and the charges brought against him were far less serious than those initially brought against Iverson.

My guess is that Big Dog will end up with a fine if he promises to get some anger management (or some type) counseling and POSSIBLY a short probationary period and/or community service. I'm not worried about his legal problems in this incident. If I have a worry in that area at all, it's the fact that he has been involved in SEVERAL incidents involving the police over the years and it shows a pattern of behavior. Hopefully, the change of scenery will do him some good.

a)knowing that misdemeanors are less serious than felonies, what's the fine line between the 2 differences?

b)what exactly did Glenn Robinson do? and when?

reading the consequences, its not as bad as it seems. The only player that we lost (who could have contributed) was Toni Kukoc... so its not a GREAT LOSS.