• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Kwame Brown is our man

hotboyj

It was really a night where I couldn't get any sleep.

If we have a chance in hell to sign Kwame this off-season we better. He is everything we need, which would make us only have to draft a pg which is seeming more and more like Deron Williams. Kwame can do everything we need him to. He can really turn out to be better than Jermaine Oneal. He needs aconfidence booster. At some times he is looking like KG and at other times he is looking like Diop. There will be no contest for him down here in Atlanta for the center position unless we get centers in the 2nd. He is just what the doctor ordered.

I forgot to mention that Larry Drew was an assistant at the time and should be insturmental in Kwame's arrival. This also may mean that we have to resign Lue.

Watch this video.

http://rds.yahoo.com/S=96781308/K=kwame+br...re_kwame_hi.wmv

• Admin

Oneal wasn't an unknown because he played and sucked. He simply didn't play. They kept him on the bench for 4 years in portland. He never averaged more than 12mpg.

Kwame on the other hand, has been given numerous opportunities. He averaged more mpg in his rookie season than O'neal did his entire time in Portland. In four years, his best season averages were simply...average.

In our search for a free-agent big man, Kwame should be about #4 on the list. If we sign him, it shouldn't be for more than 3-4mil per year. Which honestly, we all know won't get it done. Someone will break the bank to sign him and regret it. He's a porkchop.

The only reason why Kwame hasn't reached his full potential is because of the ungrateful fans they have in Washingtion. Instead of being happy about the fact they have 2 all-stars and are going to the playoffs, they spend their time booing Kwame. If I was Kwame there would be no way in hell I stay for a city that doesn't appreciate me. Kind of like Jamal Crawford. We are the best option since we're his hometown, Lue played with him, great opportunity with a team full of 7-0 small forwards, and a 6-10 powerforward. Not to mention all of the money we have. Confidence is the biggest key, and until you get it you can't play. If you are being booed by your fans, and bashed by the media. Tell me how you can think straight to play an ok game. He played so well with MJ, because all the attention was on MJ, and he didn't have to worry about how the media would act on him. Why not give the hometown kid a chance. The worst thing we can lose is money, and we certainly have alot of that to lose.

We need more talent, and what better than a #1 pick.

Quote:

The only reason why Kwame hasn't reached his full potential is because of the ungrateful fans they have in Washingtion. Instead of being happy about the fact they have 2 all-stars and are going to the playoffs, they spend their time booing Kwame. If I was Kwame there would be no way in hell I stay for a city that doesn't appreciate me. Kind of like Jamal Crawford. We are the best option since we're his hometown, Lue played with him, great opportunity with a team full of 7-0 small forwards, and a 6-10 powerforward. Not to mention all of the money we have. Confidence is the biggest key, and until you get it you can't play. If you are being booed by your fans, and bashed by the media. Tell me how you can think straight to play an ok game. He played so well with MJ, because all the attention was on MJ, and he didn't have to worry about how the media would act on him. Why not give the hometown kid a chance. The worst thing we can lose is money, and we certainly have alot of that to lose.

We need more talent, and what better than a #1 pick.

Kwame stunk when MJ was there too.

Alot of the interviews from the video were old, and what makes you think any of thoses guys would talk badly about him currently.

He's soft.

I like Kwame, but I don't see why anyone would compare him to Jermaine O'Neal or even Kevin Garnett.

If the Hawks were to sign him, I would hope for it not to be alot of money, but the Wiz would match it. I expect Kwame to sign a one year deal with the Wiz, and that would allow him to be a unrestricted free agent after the 06 season.

he makes Olowokandi look like a reasonable 'all-star' pick. that's saying something...

Etan Thomas and Brenden Heywood aren't exactly 'top-notch' players to beat out for your minutes. Sure, he was there with Jordan and perhaps wasn't ready for it...that was three years ago. The team sucked thereafter...and he remained a tertiary option at best. The team wins now...and his role is unchanged.

Sure, I'd take him...but I'd actually want to pay him less than/avg. only what he's making now, and that won't happen. Someone will take that change, much like Dampier and Foyle last year. I'd simply rather spend our money elsewhere. Overpay for someone perhaps (Dalembert maybe), but not Kwame.

Quote:

In our search for a free-agent big man, Kwame should be about #4 on the list. If we sign him, it shouldn't be for more than 3-4mil per year. Which honestly, we all know won't get it done. Someone will break the bank to sign him and regret it. He's a porkchop.

Bingo! We have a winner.

There is a chance he could meet his expectations one

day, but looking at things right now it isn't worth

the risk of more than the 3 or 4 million. Done seen

to many Koncaks/Hendersons/Crawfords etc.....