Listen to this crap on Real GM

Admin

From a Rockets Fan named Trade Kenny who claims he is the son of a Rockets Insider

In reply to:

Ok,this isnt a trade post,but I thought Id share with the few rocket fans here about what I just was told.

Basically I cannot get into details because of confidentiality.

Steve is very serious wen he said "draft Yao and Im gone'

Apparently rockets brass REALLY loves Ming,and is willing to hold Steve hostage.

By hostage I mean,we dont want to take on 12 million in bad contracts in a s&t deal with a resigned Steve.So unless Steve wants to play in CLeveland(Miller) or Krouse gives us #2(Jwill).He will be STUCK here for another year,and we will just let him walk without taking on bad contracts(ala the pippen to portland deal)

Now,heres what is being discussed.

I know most of you have heard by now that Cuttino is blackmailing the rockets into getting Odom going so far as to EMBARESS Rudy on talk show.

Steve has told us that he actually likes Odom more than Cuttino,and that he would do the trade.

What trade?

Well Baylor has already made a offer of Odom straight up for Cuttino.

Goodbye Cuttino.

Neither Cuttino nor Steve want Ming.But to "make" Steve resign we are tradeing Cuttino for Odom.Extra picks,and throw ins are being worked on this very moment.

Now,for non rocket fans,you might be confussed.

Heres the deal.NO ONE embaresses the brass in the media.NO ONE.Not even Steve.

Hakeem did it ONCE,and the deal was made for him to be gone ,but he changed his tone fast.

Pippen did it,(remember).Bye Bye Pip.

Cuttino did it.Hes gone.

Now,before the #1 it was very simple.Draft Butler.

Every thing has been turned upside down now.

When is this deal going down?

Cant say.

Oh,and Magette is also coming to the Rockets.

Say bye bye the #15 pick to.Salary and West,put it together.

bye now

Cuttino Mobley for Odom str8?HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Lay off the crack Kenny!

I like the Rockets alot...they aren't my favorite team,but

I've tried to keep up with them alittle bit.

some thoughts on this....

a) I thought Cuttino said JWill (he made the remarks on Best D@mn Sports Show bout a week ago) in the piece that I saw...

b) I remember thinkin at the time "if I'm Rockets brass, they're BOTH gone, Steve for making such a threat, Mobley for running his piehole about it." So that line of thinking is'nt so far fetched...

c)The Odom deal could go down (according to Cuttino on that same show, and Mobley would be a nice addition to the Clips with his 21.7 points and 1.5 steals). But Cuttino was on that show campaigning for acquiring Odom, himself. So maybe it backfired on him?

and finally, this blurb of nonsense: "Say bye bye the #15 pick to.Salary and West,put it together." ..... Huh??? WTF does that even mean? I didn't bring my English to Yoda dictionary with me! Understand I don't what saying you are! The 15th is all I could make out (HOU's 15th pick via TOR) but the rest is just gibberish.

Bottom line; I think this guy is just 'reading the tea leaves' on that Mobley BDSS appearance.....and prolly has too much time on his hands smile.gif But on the other hand, stranger things have happened and he could actually know somethin. Either way, it is intriguing to think about...

Well, it is true that neither Steve nor Cuttino want the Rockets to draft Yao Ming. Cuttino was openly campaigning for the Rockets to trade that #1 pick for Lamar Odom straight up.

Personaly, I think the Rockets are fools if they take Ming. He's only going to play about 60 games because of his connection with China, and I just don't see him being a dominant player that deserves being selected with the #1 pick. He's all hype, IMO.

If I'm the Rockets, I either deal the pick or take Caron Butler.

Move Cuttino for Odom is fair. Clippers cant afford him anyway and they get a future all-star w/o a drug problem just a big mouth.

Stevie gets his man, they need SF help anyway.

The 15th pick must be in the works to Jerry West if he takes Caron Butler with the #4. Plus, Houston has some goodies in stock that Memphis could use: Mo Taylor, Langhi, Glen Rice??? Rice, Taylor both connected to the Lakers at some pt. during West's run.

Grizzlies openly trying to move Swift and Dickerson. Houston doesnt want or need Rice or Taylor. Langhi is a star from Vanderbilt. Theyve got Eddie Griffin and now maybe Odum add Butler and Ming.

Give West Rice, Taylor, #15-Tayshaun Prince, Langhi and he's got veteran leadership, a bench and a future. And money coming off the books in a year or two.

That's low of Cuttino....I would think Rudy T is one of

the more respected coaches.I think Odom is better

than Cuttino by a fairly large margin.Cuttino is really

a scorer and nothing more.He seems to play Oh lay

defense on top of that.

I think Odom for Mobley is a fair deal. Mobley is less well rounded in his game, but he scores alot more than Odom.

The 15th/Rice/Taylor/Langhi to Memphis for 4th/Dickerson/Swift, does'nt sound bad but it still begs the questions of what to do with the 1st pick and what to do with Francis? Take Ming and let Franchise walk? That seems to be the threat.."...unless Steve wants to play in CLeveland(Miller) or Krouse gives us #2(Jwill).He will be STUCK here for another year,and we will just let him walk without taking on bad contracts(ala the pippen to portland deal)..." can be flip flopped in to unless we can get CLE do deal Miller or CHI to deal #2(JWill), then WE'RE STUCK with The Migrane for one more year until he walks... Either way it looks like Steve's days in HOU are numbered, if they can get Miller or Williams for The Migrane, good for them. Letting him walk for nothin would be worse than letting Pip walk for nothin; not entirely bad in the long run, but definitely not good for Now.

Odom has the talent to be one of the 2 or 3 best SFs in the NBA while I don't think Mobley is a top 10 SG. Mobley is a good player, just not in the same class as Odom. That being said, while I don't think the deal is "fair", Mobley/#15 for Odom is not really that bad of an offer. Mobley is signed at a VERY reasonable salary through the 2005/2006 season. Odom is a FA after next season and likely will demand DOUBLE what Mobley's contract is worth. The Clippers likely can't afford to pay Olowokandi, Brand AND Odom the max when they have guys like Miles and Richardson who will be looking for big bucks before the max deals for the big boys expire. Getting Mobley would give the Clips a proven player at a bargain price. The problem is that they already have Q Richardson and Magette at SG and I think both are going to be as good if not better than Mobley. The Clips need a PG.

If I were the Clips, I would probably try to trade Odom to Chicago for the #2 overall/filler (Fizer?) and take Williams. I'd probably trade Fizer but he would be a decent backup to Brand. The key though is that they could sign Brand and Olowokandi to max contracts (or close) and still be guaranteed to have Williams for 5 years before they would have to pay him big.

Olowokandi

Brand

Miles

Richardson/Magette

Williams

could be REALLY good in a couple of years. The Clips COULD make a play for Andre Miller or Baron Davis if they don't mind paying the luxury tax. I'd rather have either of them than Williams but both will cost twice as much as Williams so that makes Williams a very good option.