Blazers get a big steal from Spurs in trade

capstone21

• Admin

What were the Spurs thinking?

I think they could have gotten a lot more for Antonio Danials and Charles Smith than Steve Kerr (one demensional), Eric Barkly (never amounted to anything) and a 2nd round draft pick.

The spurs depth is looking pretty bad right now at the shooting guard spot with AD and Charles Smith gone and Terry Porter retiring. If Steve Smith goes down watch for the mini me backcourt of Parker and Claxton. DOH.

Danials can play both SG and PG. Could that mean the Blazers have another deal brewing since they are so deep in the backcourt?

Watch for either Damon, Bonzi and/or Derek Anderson to be shipped out soon. Maybe the Blazers will finally go after Mutombo.

Kerr's and Barkley's combined salaries are roughly equal to Daniel's salary. All 3 contracts end after this season. The only other thing San Antonio got in the deal was a 2nd round pick.

The only reason I can think of regarding why San Antonio would make this deal is because they think that Barkley will eventually be a better PG than Daniels. Daniels is NOT a pure PG. In fact, his stats are pretty bad for a PG. He averages less than 3 apg in over 26 mpg. I don't think Daniels is a great player but he does bring some good things to the table.

Honestly, I don't see how this trade really helps either team.