• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Carr's Nothing Special

TomahawkChop

He doesn't hold a candle to Michael Vick, the guy who went #1 the year before Carr went #1. Carr's got the perfect size and build, but his arm isn't spectacular..... from this one-game observation. Again, I'm just basing it from this one game, but he doesn't have the natural talent that a #1 pick should have.

Personally I liked Harrington a lot better, he is kinda like Dickau in my opinion.......scrappy hard workers with exceptionally underrated skills. Carr will be a good QB in this league, he just doesnt have much talent around him on that side of the ball other than the line.

I think he looks a LOT more poised than Vick and in command of the offense than Vick did at this time last year. I thought he threw the ball very well and he should have had a few more completions. Gaffney dropped one that was right on the money and another one that was very catchable. I think Gaffney will get better as the season goes along and become a reliable surehanded target for Carr.

Carr has a lot of upside and both he and Vick should be quality NFL quarterbacks for a long time in this league. I'd DEFINITELY rather have Vick, but I think Carr has a chance to be a star as well.

I'd rather have Carr.

The most important aspect of playing QB in the NFL is your ability to throw the ball from the pocket. Carr has this ability. Vick has yet to develop the ability.

Vick is a talented guy who is athletic and has a gun on his left shoulder, but he has a long, long, long way to go in terms of going through his reads, knowing when to take off and run and when to stand strong in the pocket, and feeling the pass rush. Vick also has to improve upon his accuracy. He was barely a 50% passer in college. Vick isn't quite as good as a passer as Donovan McNabb was coming out of Syracuse, and McNabb had a lot of developing to do as well as a passer.

Neither hold a candle to Eli Manning though. Manning will be the next great QB in the NFL.

Manning should be a good NFL QB but he's no Vick and he damn sure is no McNabb. McNabb was arguably the league MVP last year. Let Manning get to the NFL first and then we'll see what he's all about.

I KNOW you don't want to go there with regard to their college careers. Vick was definitely the best of the 3 in college. He was one of the best college football players EVER. The guy was 20-1 as a starting college QB and his only loss came in his best performance in the Sugar Bowl versus a VERY good Florida State defense. By the way, Vick completed nearly 56% of his passes in college while being damn near unstoppable running the ball. In fact, he completed almost 60% of his passes as a freshman and led the NATION in passing efficiency.

With regard to throwing the ball from the pocket, Vick is getting better at that every day but what will eventually separate him from guys like Manning and Carr is what he can do once the pocket breaks down. Vick is going to be one of the most lethal weapons in the NFL in a season or so. As long as he doesn't make the mistake of trying to limit himself in order to prove he can be an effective pocket passer, he is going to be a terrific QB.

Behind Marshall Faulk.This guy IS the best QB the NFL has

and he is like the Tim Duncan of football.he CARRIES that

team to wins.Hasn't he lead the team in rushing and passing?

That's pretty damn good.

No way I would take Carr over McNabb or Vick.Vick looked

solid in the preseason game.Vick will be the best QB in the

NFL right ahead of McNabb when it is all done.THen of

coruse you have Manning and Warner and the Bret"Falcons

got rid of me after a game"Farve.

McNabb is good, but I'd take Favre, Warner, and Manning over him.

Vick just doesn't have the accuracy or the readability skills to be a top NFL QB. A run first QB has never won the Superbowl and never will.

Give me the traditional drop back pocket passers, because that is the type of QB that wins Superbowls.

And Vick wasn't as good as a QB in college as Eli has already been. Eli, in his first season as a starter, completed 65% of his passes with 31 TDs and 9 INTs. Michael Vick had to have the field cut in half for him because he couldn't read the entire field.

Byron Leftwich is another guy I would take over Vick. Leftwich is as pure a passer as they come. Big, strong, quick release, stands tall in the pocket, and is extremely accurate.

anywhere NEAR the QB (or player) that Vick was in college. That's preposterous! Vick was 20-1 as a starter and he was a legitimate Heisman Trophy candidate as a FRESHMAN! The one loss came in the single best performance I have EVER seen by an individual in a football game firsthand (and maybe on TV too). If Vick had the field cut in half for him, he did more with that half than Manning did with his whole field. Besides, Eli Manning is not even the best quarterback in the SEC, let alone in the nation. Grossman is clearly better.

Of course drop back passers are the only ones who have won Super Bowls! Until very recently, they were the only ones given a chance to play QB in the NFL. Now that has changed and soon a non traditional QB WILL win a Super Bowl.

One note. Vick is NOT a "run first" QB, he is just a QB who has TREMENDOUS running skills. If he were a run first QB, he would try to run on most plays and only pass to set up his runs. That is clearly not what Vick does. He uses his ability to run to escape defenders and throw the ball more often than he tucks it and takes off with it.

Vick may not be a Pro Bowl player this year but in a couple of years, he is going to be a regular in Hawaii. He is only 22 and he only played 2 years of college ball so he still has a lot to learn but he WILL learn and when he does, look out!

Did you see what Farve did in the playoffs?He got the crap kicked

out of him.Half the time he just throws the ball up there without

even thinking.Farve is starting to age anyway.

Warner?He wouldn't be half as good if he had less options.Remember

when Trent Green steped in the year Warner got injured he played

almost equally well.

Manning?Didn't he throw as many interceptions as TD's this passed

year?McNabb doesn't have a top RB/WR or FB like those guys do.

McNabb is better than these guys.Soon the pocket passers will be

gone anyway.

Warner and the Rams BARELY won the the Super Bowl they did win.It

was the hair on thier chinny chin chin.IMO the Rams have been a

failure.Why?Because despite have the best team for the last 3 years

they have been unable to win it all but once and they barely won that

one by half a yard.

I'd rather have McNabb,he's tougher than Warner is....Farve now has

to be questioned after throwing 6 interceptions just throwing the ball

up there.Manning has got to do better than 50-50 on TD's to INT's.

McNabb is better than these guys.

• 3 months later...