• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Marvin Williams is IN the DRAFT!!

Inside_Man

He makes it a tough selection. If you base things off upside, then Marvin Williams has to be the guy. He fits all the criterion Billy Knight has in a player.....long and amazingly athletic. Marvin Williams was Josh Smith's biggest rival for best athlete out of that particular high school class.

No one can deny his upside, no matter how far you think he is from being ready.

I thought Dorrell Wright was the next most athletic guy in that draft? Futhermore, Billy Knight may like Marvin Williams but he is going to have to convince Mike Woodsen and the owners that he is the guy we should be at #1 if we get the overall pick. I think the ownership group wants us to draft for need, but Billy says he will pick the best player, even though he is aware of our needs.

• Premium Member

I'm not high on Williams, but I took the time to research him a little...

22 mins, 11pts 6 rebs/game 83% FT 52% FG..

I wasn't impressed by his game against Illinois.. But I had seen him play better earlier and in the ACC portion of the schedule.

However, I never would have guess he shot 52% from the field. At 6'10 and as much potential as he has, it will be hard to pass over him easily. I still like Deron Williams, but M. Williams...Hmm. This will be a hard year to call it.

Quote:

NBA Draft Profile: Marvin Williams

College: North Carolina

Class: Freshman

Height: 6-9

Weight: 230 lbs.

Scouting Report:

This guy has tremendous potential… a real team player… already presents match up problems at the college level… can step out behind the arc and bury threes while also rebounding with the bigs underneath… not sure what his natural position will be in the NBA… does not have breakdown ability of T-Mac… hopefully something he can develop as he matures

Strengths: Attitude, versatility, rebounding, team player

Weaknesses: Kind of drifts on the floor, could get up the court better

What happens to Smoove if you add Williams?

I don't know if it's feasible..

I agree with you. To be honest I would rather have Gerald Green than Marvin Williams. Looking at T-mac today makes me want to take a chance on Gerald Green if he can come anywhere as close as Tracy in Potential.