• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Whould you trade the #1 for ..........

lush23

I wouldnt do either deal, Boozer is way overpaid, therefore has very little trade value. I would probably do Boozer and the #4 for the #1. And I think they might do that to.

To get a top pick like we'll have, a team will most likely have to come up with a good young player and a first rounder or two first rounders. I dont know the rules on salary comparisions for this type trade and since we are under the cap but I doubt we'd trade this pick straight up for even someone of superstar caliber unless they were young. For example I doubt BK would take Shaq but I bet he'd take Dwayne Wade. About the only deals like that that I could see being possible would be maybe the pick for Bosch or maybe Livingston plus their first for our first and next year's Laker pick. How bout the first and the Laker pick for Dwight Howard, I'd try to pull off that one if I were BK.

how is boozer worth a #1 pick when most say we couldn't get anything in the top 5 for harrington? boozer is not that good.

and the whole "center in the east" thing is of no validity anymore. shaq is in the east. yao is in the west..the rest suck or are of no concern.

Quote:

I wouldnt do either deal, Boozer is way overpaid, therefore has very little trade value. I would probably do Boozer and the #4 for the #1. And I think they might do that to.

That is the only way I would accept, but Utah would have to only want to dump Boozers salary.

People can say Boozer is overpaid, which he may very well be, but he is capable of being a defensive machine, and that is what we're needing out of a power forward. He is also capable of scoring, so why not have him apart of our young team.

Sure, all these guys are overpaid, but really, how overpaid is Boozer, considering the salaries of other bigmen? Didn't he put up 18/9 this year? He makes less than Kenyon Martin and he's of similar quality.

Find some PF's who can board as well as Boozer who have gotten less in free agency.

Boozer is only 24, too. He'll be a very solid player for a long time.

BTW, I'm NOT saying I would trade the #1 for him, but I do think he has value, even with his contract.