• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks are everywhere!!!!!

tmac13

Alan Henderson is guarding Mutombo, JT matched up on Bobby Sura, Jon Barry shooting the three...Last night Jimmy Jackson was trying to shoot over LoWright. Rasheed Wallace was dunking on the Sixers..Antoine Walker pushing the refs around while SJax bombs from the outside..Nazr going for 15/15 for the Spurs..Its really too bad none of these guys were good enough to play for us anymore..

lol. this is just hilarious. the hawks are a joke. we are just a trade resource for other teams. i see mark cuban jumping up and down with the players. we need an owner who wants to win more than want money. also its amazing barry plays a lot with a playoff team and none for the worst team.

None of those guys would be doing JACK in the playoffs without Duncan, Ming, McGrady, Nowitzki, O'Neal, Reggie, etc, etc etc you guys are bitching about ROLE PLAYERS doing well in the playoffs but the ONLY [censored] REASON they do well is because of the stars that are the core of their team the Hawks are just now developing their core!

Not at all saying these guys were great, but we will have to have a few role players to go with our core..Come on, Nazr was traded for nothing, and he is about as good as some of the stiffs you guys wanna overpay ..

Nazr was a commodity. We're talking about paying Kwame more than we had to pay Nazr and he's not as good.

Nazr also could be traded at any time. He had significant value. If we'd had him to trade, we might've been able to move up to get D.Howard. As it was, JT wasn't enough to get it done.

Anyhow, those other guys were just transients, so there's no use in crying over them. We traded most of those guys for one another. I really liked Sura, but we wouldn't be that much better off with him.

JT sucks as a PG, omg , he almost blew that game for the Mavs, that was an extremely lucky bounce that got him the huge 3 for the last Mavs win, JT is VERY shaky at PG you DEFINITELY do not want him at the point for a young team, I don't want him teaching Ivey that bs...lol

I, once again, do not even know what you're talking about. What do you mean 'why trade him for less?' Please start making sense and trying to understand others' points of view before you just start cursing God.

I meant that JT was not enough to get the trade for Dwight Howard done, but if we'd had another young player, we might've been able to move up. We offered JT /#6 for the #1/filler, and maybe more. Orlando wouldn't bite.

I think you didn't understand that statement you quoted in the context. Context is very important for understanding, see? You might have thought I meant that JT wasn't enough to get it done as a PG for the Hawks. That is clearly not what I meant.

The Celtics were swept last seaosn without Walker. He works well with Paul Pierce and if it wasn't for Walker Pierce would be refusing to come into huddles during the playoff games instead of finally showing up and acting like a man.

I hate Dallas so I was rooting against them (Damn Jason Terry:)

I said he SUCKS as a PG, and I stand by it...

yes he is an OUTSTANDING SCORER, but that is ALL he is. He can make plays, but not always within the offense, because he can't run an offense the right way! He doesn't have PG instincts AT ALL. So he is a ROLE PLAYER. That is all he is and all he ever will be. a ROLE PLAYER that really excels at that role which is to score, but he will not PUT YOU OVER THE TOP unless you have a lot of necessary components around him mainly ballhandlers at least 2 add'l positions on the floor at all times for him to succeed at his ROLE.

For ATL he is NOT the answer at this point in time. Now if we have our core intact , we have ball handling already and only lack perimeter scoring in the future to put us over the top, then sure bring JT back, but not as the answer at starting PG.

Quote:

Not at all saying these guys were great, but we will have to have a few role players to go with our core..Come on, Nazr was traded for nothing, and he is about as good as some of the stiffs you guys wanna overpay ..

if we were able to get these ROLE PLAYERS for nothing (min contracts, trade filler, etc), and they were traded from us for nothing...then why can't we EASILY get role players in a few years when our CORE of STARS is complete?

why do u think that the role players are so hard to come by?

nazr was traded for a 28th pick...

• Moderators

Quote:

pathway JT doesnt suck. hes actually pretty good. proboally the best point guard well have in a while, and we trade him for walker who we also traded. YEP HE SUCKS, ONLY SCORE 32 POINTS! pathway=moron

pathway=right

JT is a scorer not a PG.

probably the best scoring 'guard' that we'll have in a while. I'll say that...but pg?

did you see him pass the ball out of bounds the other day? pulling up his dribble just past halfcourt with no plan on whom to pass to?

JT's great. I love rooting for him when he's on 'my' team...because he's fun to watch, has energy and charisma...but he makes me cringe CONSISTENTLY when he's trying to play pg/run the offense.

we don't have a team taht could excel with his skills at the helm. Dallas MIGHT. think about that statement.