• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

ESPN's Chad Ford - Chat Wrap

JTFan31

Only one thing was asked about the Hawks. I figured only to pst what we are really most interested about and that is the Hawks. Here is the question and answer, but of course we all know what to expect from an ESPN analyst.

Jim (New Orleans): Hey Chad, what are the hawks going to do at the point? i thought they had given up on terry as a 1? is dickau goint to start, if then do they trade terry?

Chad Ford: It's a problem. The team will have a tough time playing Dickau and Terry together. Given that Terry has struggled and Dickau looks like the point guard of the future, a trade makes sense. The Hawks, however, insist that they aren't shopping him.

See, here is the thing. We all talk about basketball and make opinions, and analyze teams and players, but were not getting paid. I wonder why that is? Have any of you ever written a column for a newspaper or magazine? You just can't dis-respect or disreguard a professional like Chad Ford. Not only does he just say that Dickau is the Hawks' point guard of the future, but so does many other analysts such as, Andy Katz, Rick Bucher, Jeffrey Denhberg, etc. Hawks fans, it is time to accept the real possibility that Dickau will be the starting point guard. I am not saying it will be this year or next year, but soon. Stop the biased attitude when it comes to critiquing. Don't get me wrong, Jason Terry is a solid player and he contributes, but if there are more changes in the making you just have to accept it, because you can not do anything about it. Pete Babcock is the general manager and we are not, period.

You also make no sense, with all the rumors that have been going around, little did they know that the last 2 major trades were gonna down and you sit there and say these guys are great analyst.......yea right. First of, they know jack $hit about the Hawks, Kruger has stated that JT is the starting PG, final. These same analyst are saying that the Hawks arent gonna make the playoffs, who are they to say that they are not, and yet who are we to say that they are, but one thing for sure on paper the Hawks look like one of the top 3 teams in East, and maybe the most dangerous one.

The same way these ESPN no nothing said that Bobby Hurley is Sacramento's PG of the future and Antonio Daniels is a rare talent at the point and the Grizzlies PG of the future and what happened both of them failed. Is not Easy to be a good player in this league, year in and year out they all say that this draft class is deep and every player in the lottery are rare talents, but the truth of the matter is only half of that become rare talent and other half just stink it up. Nevertheless you think a 28th pick, barely a 1st rounder will become a superstar? I dont think so. JT is slowly becoming a star in this league and he hasnt even yet hit his prime, just wait till he does. If Babs really thought that Dickau was a rare talent he would of shipped Terry already, but he knows that Danny boy wont be anything near what JT has to offer.

I agree.It's got to the point to were if a team gets lucky

and gets a decent late first rounder everyone is convinced

they all ar gunna be stars.hell there are even people that

think Chris Jefferies(Who?)is gunna be a star.

Besides,like I said before there is nothing Dickau is ever

gunna do to make me accept him.NOTHING.

First we arent talking about me playing basketball and if I know how to play the game, but if you wanna go there, we can. I aint gonna brag about my game, but one thing for sure I will use you like a rag doll.

Why dont you keep talking ahit about your great white hope Dickau, because until he proves me wrong then you talk, but dont be saying that a rookie will take JT's job, JT is just not anyone, he is a proven player in this league and a rising allstar and one more thing, Terry will light up Bibby and Dickau like a christmas tree.

• Admin

You are just biting on the same rehash that Chad Ford bites on. If by professional you mean he gets paid, then yes, he is a profressional. Truth be told he's just a guy who used to do the NBA section on a sports rumor site. ESPN picked them up a year or so ago and now he's getting paid to do it. That doesn't make him a real profressional though. He is not Jim Rome, Marty Burns or Peter Vescey.

So believe what you want. I'll believe what I see with my own eyes and what the stats tell me. Which is Jason Terry is this teams point guard now and for the future. And no overhyped, unproven rookie or the opinions of people who don't follow the team are going to change that.

i wouldn't say dan dickau is a bust or a star. he hasn't proven anything to me yet (in the NBA level). but chad said terry struggles at the point, and thats non sense! look at his stats, look at our team records. he struggled in his rookie season, does that mean he is struggling now? KG struggled in his rookie season, so what? he is a superstar now. Chad needs to do some research, thats all i wanna say. as for dickau, i would love to see him help the hawks in whatever way. if he turns out to be a superstar, it will only help the hawks. but chad definitely needs to do some research man.

and what was that?

Is not being on JT's jock, kiddo, is just defending JT that he is a very good PG now and will only get better. The guy is a proven player and will be an allstar in this league and IMO Dickau hasnt proven anything and hasnt impress me one bit, yet JT impresses everyone on here except for dumb Kings fans that want to just start some rumbling in here, saying that Dickau is the better PG. When Dickau can do what JT has done then I'll consider it. Is the same thing as if we compare JT to J. kidd, no comparison, J. Kidd is the best at his position, and saying Dickau in the same sentence as JT is totally clueless.

Damn. I always miss the good arguments. This was a good one.

I like you Dimes aka GO KINGS but your wrong

Since you feel JTFAN31 never played so he must not know anything take my opinion, I am a former athelete. Dickau, who I watched in college, is a great college player and a future Matt Maloney not a superstar. Are you his publisist or something? Hmmm...

Every body Else,

1). We start a petition to have Terrance Moore and Chad Ford fired because both are cynical hacks who know nothing about ball.

2). We rent a billboard for Dickau thanking him for being the biggest Grea White Hope in Atlanta since Adam Keefe.

This was a pretty funny argument; I always agree with you lately HotlantaDude good points. I wish you posted more often Chillzat I have never seen a bad post from you. Good job JTFAN31.

Maybe I am being hard on the guy it's everyone else calling

him the next Stockton.But I just see no reason to see trading

JT for a unknown.It pisses me off that people think this actually

a good idea.

Just like alot of people still rank us out of the playoffs.We have to

PROVE that we are a good team because are given any consideration

as a good basketball team.

This dude even missed the point on Dermarr Johnson.He says:

The Hawks need a long defending 2 guard that doesn't need alot of

shots....HELLO!Who the hell do they think Dermarr is?I am disapointed

by DJ's offensive game,but one thing is he is a pretty good defensive

player.

So while Miles rides his jock Ford isn't a respectable guy and neither is

ANYONE at ESPN.When I read what I did about the 2 guard it surely

killed this guys creditbility.

He is also wrong about Artest.Did anyone see this guy jacking up shots

in the playoffs?He was taking several bad shots.I know it was the guys

first playoffs,but he seems like he tries to force offense he doesn't

have.

I'm never gunna like Dickau,but we should atleast see if he is

any good before we trade a potential allstar to start him.My

problem is JT did a good job in the second half.It isn't like he

played there so poorly that he needs to be traded.

In my opinion if we trade Terry to start Dickau not only are

we giving up on JT for no reason...It also appears we have

given up on Dermarr Johnson and is going to bury him on the

bench.That is not good news for a 6th pick in the draft.And

shows how poor of a GM Pete Babcock is.I think he made a

good trade,but we are going to have to win before I throw

all the praise at him that some are.I think he gave a good effort

and is giving good efforts to make the team better.However,if

the product isn't winning on the court then he can't be doing

his job correctly enough.

I think Babcock is doing his best,but hell when I play ball I try

to be the best,but my best just isn't good enough.

i agree about not trading JT. i mean JT played well. This is not like the grizzlies couple season back when they first drafted antonio dianels and he played so poorly that the next year draft, they drafted bibby and trade dianels immediately. JT is way better than dianels, can dickau be way better than bibby? i seriously doubt it (at least in the near future)