• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

DidTheHawksMakeThePlayoffGuaranteeWithBigDawgNMind

Guest Walter

• Premium Member

If we be honest...

We are a possible top 4 team... But until we have abetter guage of Chemistry, anything is possible.

PLUS... Look around. (These are questions)

1. NJ. Getting Deke may have been a great move. They put in Jefferson. They now have an upgrade at C. Kidd still drops dime. All this talk of weather of not Deke starts the break is in vain. The point is that NJ will have more scoring opportunities now. Deke is a rebounding C. McCollough, Van Horn, and Kmart were all weakly rebounding Players. After Kidd makes Jefferson look like Matrix, Kittles look like Ray Allen... Offense won't be a big problem.

2. What will NY do? People think that they will fold up. However they just picked up an allstar PF. IF he remains healthy and they make maybe one more trade... Or not.. They will be interesting. I have a feeling though that Spree will be traded soon? Maybe to Seattle for GP to Milwaukee for Cassell/Mason to NY?

Just a thought?

3. What about Indy. They are deep and strong.

JT/Reggie/Harrington/ONeal/Miller + Mercer/Jones/Croshere/Artest...

Look for Isiah to trade... Maybe Mercer/Croshere Maybe Croshere and Tinsley... But he will get rid of some of that talent and get another PG.

4. How about N.O.? I don't know if they are better than us, but their starters are good.

5 Then there's MJ's crew? He has it all now.

Heywood/Brown/Jeffries/Rip/Lue. Don't sleep. If MJ decides to play, he can make these guys look good. Is white still being looked at By Memphis?

6. Detroit.. The Sleep is over. However though the reciepient of the injury bug conference... Detroit has manage to put together something. Wallace, Stackhouse, and Billups...

It will be interesting.

7. Orlando. The return of Grant Hill marks trouble for the East. IF Orlando gets a PF or C, the league might be in trouble. I'm still waiting for the Armstrong for Fortson deal to go through.

8. Milwalkay... What they managed to do was build their team more solidly. Even though Thomas is not the scorer that Big Dog was... Thomas is a better chemistry fit. And regaurdless of what you think, Toni will play some quality minutes for that club.

9. Miami anyone? I bet Zo comes back in good strength this yr! Questionable will be can he and Grant Coexist. With Caron Butler, LuKE Reckshop, and others being added to their roster... They will be interesting. Zo/Jones/Grant should make them competitive. Adding in Butler may make them dangerous. Also, if Jones is traded and they get Swift and Dickerson... WOOAH Mama!!!!!

10. Philly. It's interesting to me that everybody is discounting Philly again. The problem is that they still have Iverson. Iverson is like a guaranteed trip to the playoffs. Before the season is over though, KVH will be traded to Utah?

• Admin

No, we aren't a lock. But some of your analysis is a bit dodgy.

1. NJ. You are speculating things that didn't happen last year, what makes you think they'll happen this year? Kittles did his best last year. His best shot at being a Ray Allen was about 3 year ago. Those days are gone. Richard Jefferson is nothing but unproven. He's Dion Glover on a winning team. A few big games in the season and a HUGE summer league. He is FAR from a sure thing. Gambling that he's going to be the next Marion is a laugher. They gave up 24 proven PPG and are really only getting 19 PROVEN ppg in return. Not to mention giving up a C who can run the floor and has soft hands for a guy who is fading and has flippers for hands.

2. I think NY is going to be the dark horse of the year. They'll be right back in the playoff mix. I don't see them being top 4 contenders but you never know in the east. If they can land a quality PG they'll be top 4 easily.

3. Indy keeps getting better and better. I look for them to be in contention all the way.

4. N.O has talent. On top of that they have a squad that's been together for a few years with a good mix of vets and youth. THey will continue to be tough for us and everyone else.

5. IF MJ plays and he's healthy they will be solid. Low end playoff contenders at best. MJ did what he wanted last year, he showed those guys how to win. They aren't ready to do it on their own yet though and without him giving all he can they are lottery bound.

6. I think detroit will be the dive bomb of the season. THey played above their heads last year IMO. Still a playoff team but not on top of their division anymore.

7. With or without G.Hill Orlando is still a GOOD low post player away from being a serious contender. Better than us, probably. But a real contender, nope.

8. I think the bucks will be a good team, as they should have been last year. I don't see them running away with the east though. They still have teh same problems they had last year, no low post game and post toughness.

9. Miami is another sleeper in my book. I think Zo will be close to his old self and I have hopes that Caron Butler will play it big for them. EVen though they used to kick our buts in the mid/late 90's I've always like Miami.

10. Philly did nothing but get better on paper. KVH looks like a good fit but will Iverson have enough faith in him to let him get enough shots to matter? Plus don't discount the "respect factor". KVH dissed philly and AI once already. I don't suspect that Iverson will forget that disrespecting.

As for us, the only uncertainty for us is chemistry. we had very good chemistry at the end of last season. Thankfully we didn't move anyone that was key to that chemistry. But we did bring in someone who could hamper it. Big dog is going to be looked on as a star here, by fans, players and coaches. I think that's something he will relish again and it will put a little extra spring into his step, figuratively. Bringing Ira back is key in my book. He was a big part of the on court chemistry that we had as he did it by example and didn't have to say a word. Who is going to do that now? we can bring in someone who has that ability. But having the ability and actually doing it and fitting in the same way are two different things. Barring any major injuries I full expect us to be contending for a 1-6 spot all season. If Theo is healthy and DJ can step up and be the 12+ppg scorer and gritty defender many of us hope he can be, we are a top 4 team. If DJ can do that he negates the need for Ira.