• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Comments to ESPN's Chad Ford

JTFan31

Hi Chad, I just wanted to comment you about that article you had on ESPN about the Hawks. The five steps to make the Hawks better. First off how can you say that with Terry we can't win, because he is not a true point guard....didn't you see what he did the last 50 games of the season.....I forgot you dont watch Hawk games, right? How do you figure that Dickau can take us there and not JT. First off Dickau shouldnt be mentioned in the same sentence as Terry. Secondly, Dickau is just a rookie that hasn't even played one minute in the NBA, how can you make that assumption, I think it was totally clueless in your part. Basically in that article you insulted pratically everyone that has something to do with the Hawks, especially Jason Terry. I'm sure he reads all that stuff that is written about him and i'm sure he doesnt appreciate it by having one say that a rookie can do a much better job than him as a PG. Knowing the way Terry is and watching him play in the last 3 years, that will only bring fire to his eyes and take it upon proving everyone wrong. In closing I just like to say that before you make judgements and assumptions remark about our team and any other team, you should actually sit down for a couple of games and watch some of them. Obviously you are not and you are getting the same info as the other insiders and analyst, that basically no nothing also.

Guys if we can get more comments on here so Dolfan can email this to Chad Ford. Like that we can show this guy how we really feel. Remember none of these so called "experts" have anything above us, because as far as I am concern we are the ones sitting in the games or at home watching night in and night out our Hawks.

Chad Ford. You are an insider. You have inside information.

You are a sports writer that really knows what is going on

and how to solve all the problems of the Atlanta Hawks.

Being a long time Hawks fan, watching almost every game

and following them very closely, I am suprized, shocked, and amazed that you apparently see and know things that us

mere mortals have no clue about. Listening to the players,

coaches and the front office people for the Hawks we have

been totally missled by them. We, the Hawk fans, thought

that we had a pretty decent team assembled for the coming

season. Apparently not.

Jason Terry played a lot of point guard for the Hawks in the last half of last season and we were led to believe

that he would continue to do so. We were so dumb as

to believe that he did a great job for us and would

continue to improve this year with the experience that

he gained last year. Apparently we were wrong.

So many things we all thought were right about our

Hawks team - three of the starting five are all-star

players - Where did we all go wrong?? The entire

Hawks orginization and most all the fans don't really

have a clue, do we??

You are an insider? You have inside information??

Makes me wonder what you are inside of and where

in the world you get your information??

Please note that Chad Ford will be gone until next Thursday. Hopefully he finds time to respond but at least we have let him know how we feel.

In reply to:

Mr. Ford, my name is Jason Murphy and I am one of the Admin at Hawksquawk.net, the premiere messageboard for fans of the Atlanta Hawks. Many people from the site read your column daily, including myself and we have become very dismayed by your suggestions about trading Jason Terry or that the team is disappointed in him. We have an actual writer that does the RealGM affiliate articles for the Hawks on our website and an insider from the team that posts occassionally and they have both assured us that JT is the PG of the future for the Atlanta Hawks. Also, Pete Babcock and Lon Kruger have said repeatedly that JT is the PG of the future and that the only roster spot to fill is the SG position, which will be a battle between Dermarr Johnson and Dion Glover. Dan Dickau will be the Backup PG to JT this year and likely in the future as well in a Bobby Jackson type of role. Also, your comments about the team being disappointed in Dermarr Johnson are off the mark. He is the best perimeter defender on the team and has done everything the team has asked of him. He isnt a scorer and will be filling the role that Doug Christie has done for the Kings, being a tough defender and complimentary scorer. While he isnt what you would typically want from a #6 draft choice, it was an extremely weak draft and he is coming into his own. The team also said when they drafted DJ that he was a 3 year project and this is his 3rd year so he has this full season to realize his potential before we should start to worry. Thats my opinion on these matters and I am including 2 letters from other members that wanted to respond to you as well. Please respond to me if you can as I would really like some type of clarification on this matter. I realize that you are likely very busy but please respond if you can.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Chad, I just wanted to comment you about that article you had on ESPN about the Hawks. The five steps to make the Hawks better. First off how can you say that with Terry we can't win, because he is not a true point guard....didn't you see what he did the last 50 games of the season.....I forgot you dont watch Hawk games, right? How do you figure that Dickau can take us there and not JT. First off Dickau shouldnt be mentioned in the same sentence as Terry. Secondly, Dickau is just a rookie that hasn't even played one minute in the NBA, how can you make that assumption, I think it was totally clueless in your part. Basically in that article you insulted pratically everyone that has something to do with the Hawks, especially Jason Terry. I'm sure he reads all that stuff that is written about him and i'm sure he doesnt appreciate it by having one say that a rookie can do a much better job than him as a PG. Knowing the way Terry is and watching him play in the last 3 years, that will only bring fire to his eyes and take it upon proving everyone wrong. In closing I just like to say that before you make judgements and assumptions remark about our team and any other team, you should actually sit down for a couple of games and watch some of them. Obviously you are not and you are getting the same info as the other insiders and analyst, that basically no nothing also.

JTFAN31

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chad Ford. You are an insider. You have inside information.

You are a sports writer that really knows what is going on

and how to solve all the problems of the Atlanta Hawks.

Being a long time Hawks fan, watching almost every game

and following them very closely, I am suprized, shocked, and amazed that you apparently see and know things that us

mere mortals have no clue about. Listening to the players,

coaches and the front office people for the Hawks we have

been totally missled by them. We, the Hawk fans, thought

that we had a pretty decent team assembled for the coming

season. Apparently not.

Jason Terry played a lot of point guard for the Hawks in the last half of last season and we were led to believe

that he would continue to do so. We were so dumb as

to believe that he did a great job for us and would

continue to improve this year with the experience that

he gained last year. Apparently we were wrong.

So many things we all thought were right about our

Hawks team - three of the starting five are all-star

players - Where did we all go wrong?? The entire

Hawks orginization and most all the fans don't really

have a clue, do we??

You are an insider? You have inside information??

Makes me wonder what you are inside of and where

in the world you get your information??

Graymule

I greatly appreciate it that you took your time for this. We really needed to respond to Ford, because in reality he did basically put our team down and especially the heart and soul of this team Jason Terry. I'm so glad we took the time to write to him and he can see we are dedicated fans that really care about our Hawks. We stand behind our team 100% of the way. Thanks Dolfan and Graymule for your posts. I sure hope he responds back, but I doubt he will, he will notice how wrong he was by saying to trade JT.