• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trade Ideas - up, down and sideways

xman

Logic to this deal is that Diaw is a spare part (since we are set at SG and SF with Childress/Smith) and AlH is a tweener that is not sufficient at PF - so we should deal them. Also, a swap up to #1 will let us lock up a center.

[* using 2005 salary in all deals, should go up equal percentage.]

Atl:

Gives - #2, Diaw, AHarrington (salary = 7.425)

Gets - #1, JoeSmith and/or CBooth (Salary on each = 5.9)

Atl does this to get Bogut.

Losing Diaw and AlH does not hurt (Diaw is a backup and AlH is an overpaid tweener so neither are in the plan long term), and both JSmith/Booth contracts expire in 2007 which is when we should have new players ready.

Milw

Gives - #1, JSmith and/or CBooth (Salary on each = 5.9)

Gets - #2, Diaw, AHarrington (salary = 7.425)

Milwaukee does this because they will take Williams anyway. So, why not pickup a decent backup SG and SF and lose a salary or two.

AFTER this deal, we have the SG, SF and C spots locked up for the future. Through free agency and next years draft we get the PG and PF.

- - - - - -

If we are not sold on Bogut:

ATL:

Gives - #2, Diaw, 2nd round pick

(I would offer AlH also for Ely)

Gets - #5, #13

Char:

Gives - #5, #13

Gets - #2, Diaw, 2nd Rd pick

We do this deal to get 2 starters instead of 1. We already have the SG and SF spots locked up. Hopefully, we could get the PG and PF of the future at 5 and 13.

One problem with this deal is that the good PG/PFs are probably going to go in the top 10 picks.

OR - - -

ATL/NYK:

gives - #2, AlHarrington (6.3), Diaw (1.1)

gets - #8, KThomas (5.9), Sweetney (2.0)

The logic is that we fill our holes - Sweetney at PF, Kurt at C and pg with #8(Felton). This is not a glamorous deal but it makes us a lot better (not great) in a hurry.

Other teams, possible deals:

LAL:

gives - Odom (10.5 mil), JJones (1.7)

gets - #8, TThomas

NYK:

gives - #8, TThomas (12.9)

gets - Odom, JJones

IF LAL had #8 and #10, that would be hard to turn down for #2.

This could be a #10+Odom for #2 deal, but do we want Odom? (it could be CButler but we definitely do not need him)

Maybe I am undervaluing AlH, but I just see him as a overpaid tweener with a long contract. If he is not worth the contract then we will be lucky to get rid of him.

But, you are also undervaluing Sweetney and Thomas.

Thomas is a solid center, not great, but he is ok. And he can also play the 4 spot.

Sweetney would be nice at the 4.

i would no way give up al harrington just to move up one spot..why do that when you can draft marvin(if you're "stuck" with him) and can trade al for center help, ala sign/trade for Curry for example..marvin(or jsmith) moves into pf position.

OMG, these trades look like New York Knicks fan's proposals. I would NEVER do any of those. You are giving Harrington away for nothing, he averages 18 and 7.5. I about fell out of my chair when you said "all I see with him is an overpaid tweener with a long contract." lol, He is neither overpaid nor does he have a long contract. He is a FA next year and 6.5 mil is not a lot, especially when you have 25 mil in cap space. You were completely wrong about that.

We could get 5/13 for #2 and nothing more. Bickerstaff has pretty much already said it himself. You just completely undervalued Harrington, Harrington by himself should net us a top 10 pick, or an equal caliber player IF we decide to trade him.

What contract? Al is a free agent after the next season and he only earns about 6-7 mil next year. He has about the best veteran contract in the league right now considering his level of contribution.

Most of the teams in the NBA would want to trade for Harrington right now.