• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Mark Price-the next asist.coach for Hawks.....

dimes4life

"Atlanta - News has surfaced through online publications that formed NBA star Mark Price is a candidate to fill one of the Hawks assistant coaching positions. Price is a former Georgia Tech standout, and coming to Atlanta to coach would be a homecoming of sorts. The Hawks need to replace Eric Mussleman with a youthful coach the players can relate to, and the dismissal of Rich Mahorn there are two coaching vacancies." -Hoopsworld.com-

Not only would this contribute greatly for the Atlanta Hawks, but the one individual who would benefit the most would have to be Dan Dickau. Many analysts(not just ESPN) have compared Dickau to Mark Price, and rightfully so. They are both excellent shooters, especially from 3-point territory. The were both solid passers in college, but were asked to score for their teams, respectively. Mark Price was the 25th pick in the 1986 draft,(2nd round y'all) and Dickau 28th.(although he should have been much higher, but this year's draft had the most international prosects come out this year wich effected his position) They are both great leaders on and off the court, and both passionate Christians. Dickau, like Price, entered the N.B.A. with questions about his defense and taking his man off the dribble offensively. No doubt about it Hawks fans this would help the Hawks but especially #12.

hes a sharpshooter 3, a very good free throw shooter, and a leader.

I think Jason Terry and Dan Dickau can really learn a lot from this guy. Maybe he can also help those bad freethrow shooters (ex-Henderson) as well.

He has a lot of experience in the league. He can help Kruger as well. The guy plays with his HEAD and thats a person we need as an assistant coach.

Price would be a great choice. I'd have to say he's a much better choice than Steve Henson.

Another guy who would be a good choice is Craig Ehlo. He's coaching at the high school level right now, but I'm sure he'd jump at the chance for an NBA job.

I think Price was coaching high school ball in the Atlanta area, if I'm not mistaken.

that has been in my mind as well but I never thought they'd look at him. It'd be a perfect signing IMO. I'm not sure what Heard really specializes in as far as coaching but Price would definitely bring some much needed smarts to our young guards and the ability to shoot free throws and from downtown with a good percentage. I think whoever the last vacancy goes to (assuming Price is signed) he needs to bring toughness to the table and the ability to motivate because that was something Mussleman took with him I believe.

I wonder what "online" publications Hoopsworld is referring to? Hmmmmmm....

And I haven't heard anyone other than Pete Babcock, Craig Ehlo, and this board compare Dickau to Price.

The simplistic national media has used the Steve Nash/John Stockton comparisons which do not match up the similarities between Price and Dan.

Traceman has also mentioned Terrell Brandon as a guy whose game resembles Dickau.

Good post, dimes..