My take on the East

KB21

ATLANTIC:

1. New Jersey Nets -- The trade for Dikembe Mutombo doesn't make them a real threat to the Lakers, but it does give this team a chance to get back to the finals. This team still lacks perimeter shooting though, which will hurt them in the playoffs.

2. Boston Celtics -- Kenny Anderson stepped up and became a veteran leader for this team last season, and this team will miss him more than they realize. Still, the combo of Paul Pierce and Antoine Walker is enough to outlast McGrady's Magic.

3. Orlando Magic -- The lack inside players period, but if Grant Hill is healthy, this team will be a good team in the regular season. They just aren't built for the playoffs just yet.

4. Miami Heat -- I feel Caron Butler will win Rookie of the Year, and the Heat will jump back into the playoff picture. Miami could go as high as 2nd in the Atlantic if they stay healthy.

5. Washington Wizards -- They are making strides, but they aren't as close to the playoffs as some think. They still need an interior presence and a floor leader at point guard.

6. Philadelphia 76ers -- I really feel this will be Larry Brown's last year with the 76ers. Allen Iverson has a problem with any other player that wants to shoot, so there will be tremendous chemistry problems on this team with AI and KVH.

7. New York Knicks -- This is a team that has completely overvalued the players they have, and they have done very little to improve themselves. Will McDyesse stay healthy? Even if he does, they still don't have a center nor a point guard.

CENTRAL

1. Atlanta Hawks -- I see no reason this team shouldn't win the Central if they stay healthy. They have three 20 ppg scorers, the best front line in the East, and a budding superstar at point guard. The bench will be the key.

2. New Orleans Hornets -- They got Baron Davis locked up and could be a very dangerous team if Jamal Mashburn can stay healthy. Courtney Alexander should give them more scoring punch at the shooting guard position.

3. Indiana Pacers -- Talented team that isn't coached very well.

4. Detroit Pistons -- Overachieving team that is coached very well. I think teams will figure them out this year though.

5. Toronto Raptors -- Flat team that has no direction.

6. Milwaukee Bucks -- Underachieving team that will cost George Karl his job.

7. Chicago Bulls -- Good young talent, but too young at the moment to make an impact.

8. Cleveland Cavaleers -- Hello, LeBron James!

I am going to wait until all of the signings are over with, since there are a lot of quality rotation players still available, but this is close to how I see it as well.

Look at the Atlantic...Whew...That stinks.

I don't like Miami a bunch at all, but I still can't see any of those other teams stepping beyond them at #4. Heck, the Magic may not even be as good.

Just like in the 80's and 90's, the class of the East is in the Central....All the young talent is there, leaving the Atlantic to a team or two....

Atlantic:

1. New Jersey(1) -- Deke trade makes them best in East.

2. Orlando(3) --- TMac and Hill finally. Doc Best Coach in league. Mike Miller will be traded mid season for an inside presence. Daryl Armstrong still top qaulity PG

3. Boston(5) -- I agree with KB21 the Baker trade was a bad idea.

4. Philly(7) -- I should just call this the AI KVH Larry Brown show. This is a two man team.

5. New York --- Better than everyone thinks

6. Miami -- A two man team, one of the players is terminally ill.

7. Wizard -- If Jordan retires. This team lost out on Alexander becoming a star because of Mike's ego. Collins is a joke. Kwame isn't ready yet. Rip Hamilton cnat do it alone.

Central:

1. Atlanta(2) -- I dont think I need to explain

2. Indiana(4) -- Zeke wins coach of the year. Most talent top to bottom than any other team.

3. Detroit(6) -- Tayshaun Prince!!!! This team will be almost as good as last year.

4. New Orleans(8) -- Monster Mash is soft. Silas and Davis are the reason this team doesn't get stomped

5 Toronto -- I will qoute KB21 "Flat team that has no direction." I hate this team. As for Carter OVERRATED!

6. Chi town -- they have some talent

7 Milwalky -- assuming they trade Cassell, dumbasses, they will be the Ray Allen show.

8. Cleveland -- D.Miles 20ppg 10rpg 1.5bpg 2.0spg. Wagner has decent rookie year. Rest of the team 0 ppg 0rpg next season D Miles/Lebron James/ Wagner