• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Big Dog Makes Big Impression

jaywalker72

He came. He saw. He answered questions.

Glenn Robinson began his career as an Atlanta Hawk by fielding questions ranging from basketball to personal and even discussed a long standing rivalry (since high school) with now teammate Alan Henderson.

In all, Robinson was very impressive in his first encounter with the Atlanta media, leaving some to wonder what all the negativity and character issues were about.

With new teammates Jason Terry and Henderson looking on, Robinson answered questions with such thought and optimism, you had to check his bio to make sure he didn’t major in “Telling People What they Want to Hear” at Purdue.

RealGM's Jason Walker brings the details of the Robinson press conference as well as updates on the Hawks assistant coach hunt and the negotiations between the Hawks and Ira Newble.

Read the entire article:

http://hawks.realgm.com/index.php

he notices his surroundings... just imagine-

BEFORE THE GAME: (in the eyes of Robinson)

"In the locker room, theres Abdur-Rahim stretching getting mentally ready another consistant night. Our leader trying to set the positive example.

At the left is Jason Terry. Jumping up and down, trying to get some type of Hype going around. Joking around a little and enjoying every minute of his NBA years.

At the right is Theo Ratliff. Looking for revenge at those who critize him... hes gearing up hoping to earn fear towards other centers.

And Robinson... the once alcoholic man with all these positive attitudes around him. He notices that at this stage of his professional career, this is the best chance hes ever going to get... to win the championship game... doing the impossible... beating LA in the finals. Dont take this opportunity for granted. Im sure MALONE and STOCKTON are beating themselves for not trying harder against the BULLS, knowing they will never get that chance."

back to reality, i hope that Robinson can make a positive change in Hendersons game. Maybe Henderson will play with his heart and have a 6th man type year.

- just some happy thinking...

I think that Big Dog being here will help focus Alan a little more.

Robinson noted more than once that Alan has more skills than he has shown in the last couple of years, blaming it on "the mental stuff that can happen when you're injured."

I hope this means that Alan can give us some real quality minutes off the bench and shows some of the agressive play that got him his contract in the beginning.

jay, after reading your article (which is good), you mentioned we have 11 guys and have 1 roster spot for newble. it really sucks that all other teams have abused the IL and we couldn't get willis or haslem or any other guys we want if we sign newble. didn't the nba talked about changing the IL to inactive reserve list last year?

Abuses have declined and will decline with the continued fear of the luxury tax. If I remeber correctly, I think the NBA actually lessened the requirements physician excuses during the season this year, making it easier for teams to stockpile bu's and practice players on the IR...but they still have to pay those guys.

For some ridiculous reason, the players feel that if there is a 3 man reserve list, it will somehow mean they will be playing in the NBDL.

So, while the league wanted to go to 15 players, which meant a 3 man reserve list, the players said no, they like it the way it is.

But, you're right weasel....Teams don't want to pay the extra 500K-1 million per player anyway because of being so close to the tax.

• Premium Member

I was thinking that same thing.

Hendu would probably be more focus and they are two guys that probably will become like frik and frat. They share history and that in itself should make Big Al want to do more. I was watching Big Dog on Rome's show. He mentioned AL as being one of the Good Young players on the Hawks Squad. I said " Now either Big Dog is talking Al up for a trade in the future or HE really believes that Hendu can play better than he did when he beat Laettner out for the contract." It would be really good to see:

JT, Big Dog, SAR = Allstars.

DJ = MIP.

Hendu = 6th Man of the yr.

Theo = DPOY

DD = Candidate for Rookie of the yr.

Lon= Candidate for Coach of the yr.

Hawks in the finals.

It can happen. It happened in Philly a couple years back.