• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

3 guys, 2 roster slots

sturt

• Premium Member

Encoded in the Big Dawg conference, was an indication that defense is now the primary focus of any remaining roster moves.

As if we needed Kojak to discover that one.

But given that point, it appears to me that Dion might have just parlayed his Summer League MVP into a new employer.

Maybe I'm late to the discussion (I can't read HawkSquawk nearly as much as I'd like these days), but the prospect of Theo's health cries out for a Kevin Willis-type on the roster, and the value of Ira as a defender and as a momentum-changer has been well documented. (Wasn't it interesting that Lon spoke about Ira as if he were already re-signed?)

To those who would counter that E-mail is more likely than Dion to find a new home, I would disagree. E-mail provides needed insurance in case Dickau isn't ready, as well as a decent 3-pt % and an asset you can't teach to a point guard, ie heighth. Besides, I would venture that there would be more interest in Dion than in E-mail.

Given all this, I imagine what is really going on behind the scenes, and the reason that it's projected that our roster will be set in the next week or so is that Babs is attempting to move Dion in order to make room for both Newble and Willis. He's just waiting for the highest bidder to surface.

Yes and I wont be surprised if Email is packaged in a deal that includes Dion, Hendu, & Crawford. This may also create some roster space. I'm not sure how serious they really are to sign Willis or maybe even Haslem, but I know they are very serious about Ira. With the signing of Ira I believe that Dion, Email or Crawford are available or maybe all 3 of them in maybe getting some draft picks or maybe a big man. They will not be another blockbuster trade, but I feel that if we sign Ira, that means that maybe Dion and Crawford will be available in a small package deal.

• Premium Member

Very limited trade value.

We don't want to pay first team dollars for second team players... why would anyone else?

There's been countless scenarios hatched on this board to move CC and Hendu from HawkSquawk's earliest days.

My advice, for what it's worth: get over it guys, and feel some contentedness. It's not like we've got a Ken Norman on the payroll or something.

Those two are here for the duration of their contracts, because they aren't good enough that anyone wants their contracts, but they're just good enough that they are legitimate substitutes.

Dion is a different story, and that's why I believe he could be destined for another place to hang his jock strap.

I like what a previous post said about trading to get doug christie...he's probably not available but if we could trade dion, email, henderson, or crawford in some sort of combination with a future 2nd round pick, i think we could pickup a defensive player or two...maybe eric snow as a backup sg...somebody in that fashion...