• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Court ruling on eminent domain

kudzu23

For anyone who is interested in property investments and simply keeping your property, pay close attention to this and let your local lawmakers know you are concerned. I knew Boortz would be talking about this today in passionate fashion, so I thought I would share. I remember it beginning with a case in Alabaster Alabama, 2 years ago.

http://boortz.com/nuze/200506/06242005.html

http://boortz.com/nuze/alabaster.html

• Premium Member

What's really scary are the some of the things that have been in effect for YEARS, that MANY people don't know about - even those who believe that they are well informed on the goings on in our government.

Nice read. Makes me wanna puke.

I an interesting prediction somewhere, regarding this issue. Essentially, it was surmised that this ruling will be reversed when a conservative, Midwestern town demolishes an abortion clinic to make way for a Wal-Mart.

That I could see happening!

ed_cartoon.jpg

Quote:

Last week's Kelo vs. New London, Connecticut decision in which the Supreme Court decided it was just fine and dandy for the government to steal your property was supported by Justice David Souter. Four days later the CEO of a pro-liberty organization decided he wanted to build a hotel.

The hotel he wants to build will be at 34 Cilley Hill Road in Weare, New Hampshire. He faxed the paperwork to the town to get the ball rolling. Who lives at that address? Yup...you guessed it...United States Supreme Court Associate Justice David Hackett Souter. So is this all a joke?

Nope...the group who wants to take Souter's house intends to get the investors together to build the hotel. Since the hotel will surely generate many more taxpayer dollars than Souter is paying, it therefore meets the requirements of the Supreme Court majority, including Souter, in deciding that "public use" is the same thing as being in the economic interest of the public.

So, will Souter fight the attempt to take his house under the eminent domain provision? Surely if he practices what he preaches, he will gladly hand over his property to the local government in exchange for whatever price they decide. All for the public good, you know.

Oh..and the name they've decided on for the hotel? It's going to be called "The Lost Liberty Hotel" and will feature the "Just Desserts Café." Good one!

• Premium Member

That's what I'm talking about. What was that quote from Kill Bill...

"When fortune smiles on something as violent and ugly as revenge, it seems proof like no other that not only does God exist, you’re doing his will." grin.gif