• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Bets Thread

AHF

• Moderators
24 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I bet that JJJ won't start for the Grizzlies this year.  I bet that Doncic won't live up to his hype.  Trae Young will average more points and assist this year.

Do you know who those bets were with or what threads they are in?

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

Trying to get a bet with somebody

Goal for this thread is memorializing bets actually made.  I'll keep this in the thread for now as helpful guidance.  Make the bets elsewhere and then post them in here for tracking / glory et al.

My bet is with @KB21, he wagering that Hawks' record/draft spot will be worse in '18-'19 and me wagering that it'll be better. I'll have to find the actual thread to post it later. But I believe the exact specifics were since they ended up with the 4th worst record last year, he banks on them being 1st-3rd worst record this year. I wagered that they'd improve to 5th worst or better this year. Winner gets to choose loser's avatar for the entire following season.

11 minutes ago, hazer said:

My bet is with @KB21, he wagering that Hawks' record/draft spot will be worse in '18-'19 and me wagering that it'll be better. I'll have to find the actual thread to post it later. But I believe the exact specifics were since they ended up with the 4th worst record last year, he banks on them being 1st-3rd worst record this year. I wagered that they'd improve to 5th worst or better this year. Winner gets to choose loser's avatar for the entire following season.

Found it. I was even bolder than just improved record, and I still stand by it. Especially if Menace/Trae, Gaze/Dorsey, Printz/Bembry, J-Bap/Spellman, and Dedmon/Bumlee stay relatively healthy and the directive from the top down is to give 110% and don't "mail it in." 29 wins and 10th in the draft is completely within reason. Here we go!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AHF said:

Do you know who those bets were with or what threads they are in?

I had a bet with KB21 but it is off as a requirement was we had to draft either JJJ or Bagley Jr. It was in the draft thread.

ON 6/8/2018 AT 2:52 PM, KB21 SAID:

Then make the bet.  BPM, VORP, and WARP.  Choose one of the three, and I'll be glad to put up an avatar or a $100 donation to the Hawksquawk website.

No money because I do not donate winnings. I will take your bet on your old stand by as the best stat. Straight up Win/Shares. Loser uses the others avatar. I lose, I use JJJ. You lose, you wear Bagley. This is all dependent on if we take one of them. If we do not draft one of them, I could care less what they do.

Reply yes or no. Otherwise I will think you are ducking again. Basketball reference will be the site and it will only be based on regular season games.

ON 6/8/2018 AT 3:18 PM, KB21 SAID:

OK.  I'll take it.  We will use win shares to make the determination.  Both players have to be healthy.

Good deal. Not per 48 or % just straight up win/shares. I still think it is a wonky stat that favors good teams; but I don't think Collins or JJJ will be going to a good team.

• AHF pinned this topic

My bet is with @bleachkit. If the Cavs pick converts to the Hawks in 2019, I win, if not he wins. 

The winner of the bet can request an avatar change of the losers starting on the completion of the final game of the regular season until the opening night of the 2019-20 NBA regular season. So roughly from mid April until late October.

Trade confirmed by both parties.

• Moderators
On 7/8/2018 at 11:59 AM, Spud2nique said:

My bet is with @bleachkit. If the Cavs pick converts to the Hawks in 2019, I win, if not he wins. 

The winner of the bet can request an avatar change of the losers starting on the completion of the final game of the regular season until the opening night of the 2019-20 NBA regular season. So roughly from mid April until late October.

Trade confirmed by both parties.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

Turning myself in b/c if I recall correctly, I was persuaded at mid-season that my fears about Bud being gone after the 2017-18 season were without merit... and KB bet me on it.

So, @KB21, I believe you're entitled to have command over my avatar for some period of time, no?

12 minutes ago, sturt said:

Turning myself in b/c if I recall correctly, I was persuaded at mid-season that my fears about Bud being gone after the 2017-18 season were without merit... and KB bet me on it.

So, @KB21, I believe you're entitled to have command over my avatar for some period of time, no?

I’ll have to think of something