• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Bets Thread

AHF

1 hour ago, AHF said:

Despite @hazer correctly predicting an improved season for the Hawks, he got baited into a more lopsided deal where the Hawks would have to finish 8-14 in the lottery.  Unfortuntely, for hazer anyway, the Hawks finished 5th despite the Hawks finishing 5 games better.  So hazer can feel good about how wrong KB was about this season but not about the degree of difficulty he accepted in taking this bet.   

Winner: KB21

Simple bet about Bagley's rookie season.  Had @NBASupes gone with about any other metric he might have won this.  18.9 PER, 3.6 WS, 0.1 VORP.  Bagley's subpar defense did him in however:  Marvin Bagley BPM -1.8.  

Winner: KB21

So this one depended on how the Cavs finished this season as the pick was protected and would not convey if it fell into the top 10.  @Spud2nique was a believer in the Cavs to play well and convey that pick. 

Pretty sure that even by the end of November he was already starting to regret that call as the Cavs scuffled their way to a mere 19 wins this season making it mathematically impossible for the pick to convey and for @bleachkit to lose this bet by the time the lottery rolled around.  Even falling in the draft, the Cavs still ended up with the #5 pick.

Winner: bleachkit

This one was going to turn on how Trae fit into the offense.  Would he be a leading shooter or a secondary option and primary playmaker?  I was positive Young would be one of the top 2 volume shooters for the team while @Peoriabird was adamant that Trae would be all about passing and would not shoot nearly as much as Collins, Prince, Baze, etc.  

Turned out Young was the primary playmaker like both of us hoped but he was also the leading shooter.  A healthy Collins would have helped his total but even on a per game basis Young averaged 15.5 FGA to Collins' 13.6 (a 14% edge for Young). Moreover, Collins wouldn't have been enough even if he raised  his shooting volume and was totally healthy as Baze would have needed to nearly double his shot attempts to push Young out of the top 2:

Trae Young FGA: 1256

John Collins FGA: 831

Kent Bazemore FGA: 691

Winner: AHF

Notice in the original quoted post I also tossed out the “29 wins” claim. The Doc was throwing 18 out there and I was confident he was yet again very wrong. 

2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I abide. See what I did there? In medical speak I would’ve said “I concur.” 🤔

2 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

😆 I blame this all on @kg01. He had me convinced Sexton was gonna rock it with Love, Hood, Nance and a bunch of vets that I thought would play hard to show they weren’t Lebronites. Kg, you should prolly offer to take 2 months off my avatar sentence as an act of pure water 💧 kindness. 

I don't except nor do I deserve any blame for people making avatar bets.  Now wipe that smug grin off L***'s face and get outta here.

😄 

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

You just gonna let me get away with "except" instead of "accept"?

You off yer game, spud.  I guess it's the offseason for you too, huh?

😆 I have bigger fish 🐟 to fry dealing with these dumb scrub fans in the bay. I can’t believe I still live here. If it wasn’t a good place to live I gotta tell ya I despise the scrubs, Giants (smalls) and the Whiners. It’s too much I tell ya! 

I don’t mind the A’s (I like how they operate for years..well..for the most part till they sell everyone and restart it again)

Raiders (I know they annoy most non raider fans but I’m a lions fan so I don’t care about hating them in the afc there. Also, Bo Jackson was one of my fav non Lions and Braves).

Go Sharks 🦈!!! (Went to inaugural season sharks vs Kings in 93 my only sharks game attended). It was fun. I don’t know much about hockey though so whatever.

ps I used to say their vs they’re and there and you did bust my hump but it’s not enough for revenge lol

3 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

😆 I have bigger fish 🐟 to fry dealing with these dumb scrub fans in the bay. I can’t believe I still live here. If it wasn’t a good place to live I gotta tell ya I despise the scrubs, Giants (smalls) and the Whiners. It’s too much I tell ya! 

ps I used to say their vs they’re and there and you did bust my hump but it’s not enough for revenge lol

You mean all them used-to-be-Laker fans?

But hey, what's the avatar bet this season.   You know you throw away your avatars almost as much as the Nets throw away 1sts.

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

You mean all them used-to-be-Laker fans?

But hey, what's the avatar bet this season.   You know you throw away your avatars almost as much as the Nets throw away 1sts.

😆 who wants to bet? Let’s get it going I’m the house 🏡!

Culver>Nas 

Hawks make the playoffs.

Hawks win the division.

Im in for all three if anyone wants to turn my avatar of L**** to a pumpkin 🎃 😝 

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

😆 who wants to bet? Let’s get it going I’m the house 🏡!

Culver>Nas 

Hawks make the playoffs.

Hawks win the division.

Im in for all three if anyone wants to turn my avatar of L**** to a pumpkin 🎃 😝 

Depending on how the draft goes, I might take you up on the 1st one. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
56 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

My bet was rigged!

49 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

By the @AHF ...The stipulation on the bet was 72 games played...None of Trae's competition for shots played in 72 games last season.

First off, Trae took more shots per game than anyone on the team.

Second, I don't think you actually read the stipulation.  It was that Trae play at least 72 games and was 100% fulfilled.

Get ready for your new avatar as we start the new season, my friend!  :yes:

16 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Depending on how the draft goes, I might take you up on the 1st one. 

Nice. I know you like Culver with Cavs. Good fit there like you said but I think wit us too. Less reps with us than Cavs but still.

• AHF pinned this topic
  • Premium Member
3 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Hey how how peo didn’t get his new avatar? I hate mine so much I just let others do the talking and give them likes and laughs and trophies 🏆

Sorry Peo didn’t want to 🐀 u out, but I needed a cell mate.

I think @AHF said @Peoriabird gets his when the season starts.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Moderators
On 6/28/2019 at 6:54 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

I think @AHF said @Peoriabird gets his when the season starts.

Yep.  Can’t deprive the Squawk of that fun when the real season starts.  Plus, I couldn’t rain on your parade.  Gotta fully enjoy the month of Spuka.

• Haha 2