• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Newble is coming back?

Playoffs03

i've just found out that newble is a restricted free agent, so ...

1) if ira get an offer from other teams for let say $1 million (thats how much we are willing to sign him at most), we can always match the offer.

2) if ira get an offer for let say $3 million (what he is asking for) from another team, we can still match the offer and do a sign and trade.

3) if ira doesn't get any offer, he will have to accept anything we will offer him. or else, he will have to play in the CBA or NBDL or those europe leagues where he will get paid less.

option 2 is very unlikely, becoz no other teams have shown interest in ira and who would really want to pay $3 million to get ira who played less than 82 games in his NBA career. in addition, only the 1st and 2nd overall pick in every year make more than $3 million in their second season. i wonder why ira should worth more than a 1st or 2nd overall pick? we can basically rule out option 2.

either option 1 or option 3 will get us newble, we are very very likely to get newble back.

thoughts?

i too believe this is the situation:

Newble was one of the MAIN reasons for our turnaround last year. He lead the team with his defensive intensity... he knows that we need him, so its all business during the offseason.

At first, he asks for AS MUCH AS HE CAN GET. He aint stupid, hes not going to ask for the MAX... but instead wants a $3 Million type contract. Babcock says NO, plain and simple... and adds Glenn Robinson to the mix.

Since no other teams other than ATL knows him, i dont see other teams bidding on him. Theres still many FA available that are more attractive than Newble (ex: Walt Williams and his 40%+ 3 point shooting).

babcock is smart. He puts us in a position with only 1 MORE PLAYER remaining on our squad.... he lets Newble decide whats best...

A)Take whatever Babcock gives u

-Get some $$$$

-Get some recognition in the NBA if he doesnt want to play for hawks after a season or so

B)Ignore babcock...

-Play overseas making less than $$$

-Back to CBA making less $$$

after all is said and done, bye bye Willis... cuz NEWBLE IS BACK!

Yeah, with each day now the tension mounts. I think not having Ira here, would be somewhat of a let down. I want us to have at least the same players we had at the end of the year. We were really learning how to win at home, whether Ira was or wasn't the difference, I would prefer we kept all our bases covered.