• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

As the draft Turns

Spiral

From the information I gather, this is what we got going into the night. The Jazz desperately want to move into the 3 spot to get Deron. The Blazers will trade with them & move down to the #6. The Blazers plan to take Martell Webster. Charlotte doesn't want the Jazz/Blazers trade to happen. It will blow up their proposed trade of 5/13 for 2 with Atlanta because the point guards will be off the board. So Charlotte is threatening to take Webster at #5 if the Jazz trade is consummated. I love the backstabbing drama. It's going to be a fun night to watch.

Charlotte has repeatedly said that they didn't want to trade their 13. I know it was a big rumor at one point, but we can't keep acting like 5/13 is there if we want it. Charlotte doesn't want that trade. Charlotte will only trade 5+players(Primos) to get the 2

I really can't see us trading the 2 at this point. There's just no deal that makes sense

• Premium Member

I think Charlotte was talking about trading 5/13 if the pick they were getting back was #3. But moving up to 2 and getting Williams.. I think they would give up 5/13...

The rumor that I have heard recently is:

#2/Delk to Charlotte. #5/#13/Ely to us...

I take that with a grain of salt because I don't even know if we can trade Delk...

But it's interesting!

• Premium Member

One of two things that I can't be certain of. Either...

A) We draft Marvin and trade down - because all the threats and smokescreens work. Charlotte's bluff effectively sabatoges PTL/Utah trade talks (which some Utah fans say are not likelly to go down to begin with). We get Deron/Paul + 13.

B) Billy Knight shocks the world - we nab a point guard with the #2. Don't be surprised. There is only one thing we know for certain about anything that BK has said: he certainly hasn't said anything. grin.gif

My gut feeling is that everyone has been thrown for a loop.

• Premium Member

I really doubt the Randolph for Boozer swap..

BUT.

I think that Patterson going to Utah has been discussed. I hate to trust this guy but Ric Bucher on ESPN was saying that the players have been told to expect a trade and Randolph said he didn't want to go to Utah...

But Utah needs a PG...

They see Deron as their man.

Quote:

B) Billy Knight shocks the world - we nab a point guard with the #2. Don't be surprised. There is only one thing we know for certain about anything that BK has said:
he certainly hasn't said anything
grin.gif

My gut feeling is that everyone has been thrown for a loop.

I could see that. I do think we're keeping #2 though. Marvin, Deron, Paul, nothing would surprise me. And I'd really be fine with either although Paul would be last on my list.

I can't recall a draft in recent history with so much uncertainty from the top all the way down... this is great

When did Randolph and Boozer get involved in the talks? From what I've heard they never have been involved, that would be a hugh blockbuster if it did go down.

It's been:

Utah gets the #3 pick and Ruben Patterson

Portland gets the #6 pick, Kirk Snyder and Gordan Giricek.

Quote:

B) Billy Knight shocks the world - we nab a point guard with the #2. Don't be surprised. There is only one thing we know for certain about anything that BK has said: he certainly hasn't said anything.

Well this is certainly very possible and it's what no one is talking about. I think it depends if BK thinks that either Paul or Deron is superstar material. If he does, than he's take that player over MWill.