• Raised $390 of $700 target

NJ get Rogers / Sac get Keon

Gambit99

Jazz got Harpering and the Bulls got Marshall.And The Timberwolves

signed Ricky David to a offer contract and The Cavs have 15 days

to counter it.Honestly the WOlves could use all the atheletic ability

they can get.If he develops he KG/Wally/Rasho could get out of the

first round someday.

I talked a little too much crap about Donyell he is a decent player not great. The Jazz have really downgraded. The East is slowly catching up with the west. I would be willing to put the top 4 in the East versus the top4 in the West ( save the Shaq/Kobe ... oops I mean the Lakers). New Jersey, Atlanta and Indiana could play any team in this league. Memphis and Chicago are on the rise. While Houston and Minnesota are one man shows. And Utah is a boring old show (Kirelinko is over hyped, Stevenson is a disappointment, and the rest of the team is a joke). LAC is on the rise. PHO WTF is going on.

• Admin

I don't think getting Clark helps Sac much at all. It gives them paper depth but that's about it. If clark doesn't play 27+ mpg his 1:4 good game ratio will drop to about 1:8. There's a reason they only signed him for one year though. They are well aware of his wild inconsistancy and weren't willing to get stuck with him long term.

Now NJ got significantly better. They are the class of the east now. I downgraded them because of the deke trade. But now they got the offense they lacked. I have to think they knew all along they were going to be able to sign Rogers. The Deke trade just didn't make sense before. now it makes perfect sense.

• Admin

I think signing Clark has helped SAC a lot. They now have a player who can come in and play both Center and PF when needed. He is an atheltic guy who can get out and run. I like their big man rotation. He is certainly a big upgrade over Pollard who I works hard but really is a liability on offence. Keon gives them d and o. He will not need to put up the numbers he did in TO but when he comes into the game, teams have to be aware that there is still someone on the floor that they are going to have to guard. SAC with Keon and the resigning of Bibby might just break through to the finals this year. I hope so.

• Admin

I might agree if all I ever knew about Clark came from boxscores and paper. But the reality of his game is much different. I'm going to break down your points:

"They now have a player who can come in and play both Center and PF when needed"

wrong, and the key point behind that is "when needed". He can't do it "when needed". He is not a player who can just turn it on. Clark is insanely inconsistant. If they bring him into a game and are depending on him, either offensively or defensively, they are going to get kicked in the jimmy 50% of teh time. You just cannot depend on him to bring his A game. Especially if he's been sitting on the bench for 30 minutes and is called into the 4th quarter for whatever reason. I've seen far too much of his game to believe otherwise.

"He is an atheltic guy who can get out and run"

Again, CAN. See my last point. He CAN do a lot of things, but he doesn't do it every game or even every other game.

"He is certainly a big upgrade over Pollard who I works hard but really is a liability on offence. Keon gives them d and o."

I couldn't disagree more here. Sure, Clark has WAY more talent that Pollard. But pollard brings 100% of what he has EVERY NIGHT. With clark you never know what you are going to get.

So many people are putting such high expectations on the guy because of, now get this, 16 games. That's 16 games of not great stats, not even very good stats. But good stats. His stats are almost a mirror of Nazr's and NOBODY would say that Nazr put up anything other than GOOD numbers. He is also NOT a great 1v1 defender. He's solid, but not great.

I would love to see him break out this year and live up to the expectations that have followed him his entire career. But until I see it consistantly I will not. You have to base expectations on what a player has shown you over time and Clark has yet to show that he WILL bring it for 82 games. A team like Sacramento needs player who are ready to play every night and so far in his career Clark has not been that type of player.

Pollard is under-apreciated by many "fans." I'm not saying that the guy should be an all-star, but he's everything that you want in a bu sf/c. He plays all heart, does the little things, and rarely gets pushed around.

Is he super athletic? NO.

Does he get people to jump from their seats? NO

But he brings energy and a confidence to perimeter players that they've got a man on the inside who's going to fight for position and rebounds. Considering the starting lineup in Sac, he's a perfect fit. Sure Clark brings more athleticism and "potential" (anyone else starting to get sick of the word? GM's are...compare this year's draft to last year's), but he's an above average bu (much like Nazr) that focuses on defense (unlike Nazr).

Clark gives them more options, esp. if worried about Vlade's age. But Pollard, while sometimes foul prone, is solid and reliable.

He'll still see quite a few minutes. As Chillz said, you know what yo'ure getting every time he's on the court...100%.

I love his game! I liked him in college! I was completely pumped when the hawks got him in as a throw-in to that trade a few years and roundly pissed when lenny (and yes it was lenny) wanted him shipped out because he didn't think that he could play (lenny later admitted in an interview that he made a huge mistake with him)....

pollard's downfall is that he doesn't have enough offensive game to say that he has offensive limitations...

zip zilch nada nothing on offense...