• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Stephen Hunter? Why Not Pryz?

Guest Walter

Guest Walter

I think Pryz would be a tremendous fit for us if we are going to try and run 3 Sfs. He can board and defend. Is he resigned? No disrespect to Hunter. I like him also. Just hadn't heard Pryzbilla's name mentioned. I honestly think he's one of the best fits for us at a reasonable price. Assuming he hasn't been resigned or extended.

W

He's signed thru the 05/06 season. I thought we should've signed him last year. He signed for just a little more than Collier did. Both signed 2 year deals. Collier signed for 1.5 & 1.65, Pryz signed for 1.65 & 1.76. I've read that the Blazers are working on trying to extend his deal. I think BK made a mistake on choosing Collier over Pryz. Maybe BK just didn't think Pryz fit the particular type player he's looking for. Pryz had a great year last year, thats for sure.

Pryz is resigned through this season and is a FA after next season. I have been a big proponent of Pryz and IMO letting him go was maybe BK's worst move as GM. Pryz took the 5 spot away from Theo in Portland and I have read the Blazer brass loves Pryz. One writer opined the Blazers cost cutting moves are designed to enable them to resign Pryz to a much bigger contract next year. IMO, if Pryz had played here last year and was healthy, we would not be talking so much about improving the 5 spot here. IMO, Pryz is a much better player than Hunter and really fits the bill for what we need out of our 5 spot (shotblocking, good rebounder, good outlet passer, mean streak).

My initial thought was that we didnt resign Pryz because he isnt a Billy Knight type of player...long and athletic. But are Collier, Drobcrap and Obina long and athletic? We messed up by not keeping Joe P around. However, its possible he didnt want to play here anyways.

It's true that re-signing Pryz is a number one priority for PTL. He played great last year once he was in the starting lineup. I saw an interview with him and he said that the main reason for his surge was losing weight and spending more time in the weight room. He said that George Karl made him gain 30 pounds his rookie season and that slowed him for years.

He also spends more time in the weight room than any other player and is close to the strongest guy on the team.

I saw him nearly block ten shots in two different games this year! Plus he and Telfair worked on a little pick and roll move that was surprisingly effective.

He supposedly likes Portland quite a bit, and I highly doubt that he would return to ATL unless they paid him big big bucks. Which as mentioned by someone else I doubt BK would do.

This is a guy that I feel is probably the most likely acquisition to play center for the Hawks. I heard Billy Knight on Mayhem in the AM Wednesday, and he specifically mentioned the possibility of having a guy who is considered to be a power forward playing center. Swift is long, athletic, and is a good rebounder and shot blocker. Plus, he's a player Billy drafted.

I live around Memphis when I'm not in school, and I know several people in the Memphis area that would rather have Stromile Swift than Pau Gasol.