• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Economic Warfare in the Eastern Conference??

Wurider05

Do you guys remember how the Pistons tricked us into signing Koncak to that fat contract thus killing us financially. If Cleveland, Chicago,Washington and Philly keep their players with near max contracts it will kill them financially. It seems that a good chunk of this year's free agent class are eastern conference players. If we just offer near max or overbid we could panic the teams into signing their players and if not we would land some good player(s). Now with that being said I do realize that this could backfire but a team does have the right to withdraw a offer sheet right?

Childress, Smith, and Williams. In 3-4 years we will have to be opening up our wallets big time for these guys, so we cant go overboard on signing FAs the next 2 years. We need to be reasonable with our money. Maybe sign 1 close to the MAX player and then a bunch of mid range role players.

Yep, we need to selectively target guys to offer max type money. IMO, we should offer max-type money to Chandler and Daly. If we sign one of those guys then we win. If Philly and Chicago match, then we atleast have tied up those teams with big money contracts and limit their longterm cap freedom. I would not offer max-type contracts to other restricted free agents like curry because those players are not worth that figure and the other teams will likely not match. I doubt BK will make any big mistakes with our cap space.