• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bucks Hire Terry Stotts

ersimo2889

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2102422

The Milwaukee Bucks are expected to hire Terry Stotts as their new head coach, multiple sources told ESPN.com's Andy Katz.

Sources also told ESPN.com that the Bucks expect to learn on Thursday that free-agent guard Michael Redd will remain with the team. Redd had visited Cleveland on Wednesday.

Stotts, an assistant with the Golden State Warriors who had a 52-85 record as head coach of the Atlanta Hawks from 2002-03, will be signed to a five-year contract. No financial terms are available. Stotts is expected to meet wtih Bucks owner Herb Kohl on Thursday afternoon to finalize the deal.

The Bucks had interest in Flip Saunders, Doug Collins and Eric Musselman.

The Bucks fired Terry Porter the week before selecting Andrew Bogut with the No. 1 pick in the NBA Draft.

Always nice to follow ex-Hawks and see how they are doing.

Now, as we scan the scores, we have a reason to pause and see how our old ex-coach is making out.

Glad he got another job. Seems to be one of the nice

guys in the NBA.

Good luck Terry, except when you face the Hawks!!!

cool.gif

We will see if it was the roster or the coach had something to do with it here in Atlanta, since Terry will have a little more to play with out there.

One thing...look for the Bucks to make a play for Przybilla as Stotts was a huuuuge fan of the big fella, starting him more often than anyone heading into last season.

Stotts and I had some disagreements about how to play the game. He believed in winning from the outside-in, and I firmly believe you have to play through the post, even if your scoring comes from the outside, to establish an efficiant offense and control opponents scoring ops on the other end.

When Terry was coach here, we shot very poorly and gave up a lot of transition, which would seem to indicate that Stotts' philosophy, which while working with great shooters, couldn't work for his Hawks roster. Knowing this, I would believe a good coach would adjust his style to fit his team, in order for them to have the best shot at winning, but we never saw that from Terry.

Having Michael Redd will help him (Stotts was a big fan of his before all of the recent success), but with a design of outside-in, I wonder how well he'll do in this first real chance to head coach a club.