Yao Ming is doing pretty well...

cyman3

Sure his team got CRUSHED by the US TEAM, but his performed very well.

I do believe he can average 10-14 ppg, 7-9 rpg, 3 bpg

which are good numbers for a starting center.

What i like about him the most is that hes COORDINATED! Hes not one of those TALL PLAYERS just learning to play the game since they are 7 ft tall. He is fundamentally sound and has a the best shot out of all the centers in this game (LaFrentz might have a word or to about this comment), but overall...

im sold! he will make it in the NBA...

WANG ZHI ZHI on the other hand... where is he? his future is a big ?

who would u have PICKED?

IMO, he sure looks more promising than KWAME BROWN who was last years #1 pick.

Finding a GOOD starting center is hard these days. I think Ming deserves to be the #1 pick

KANDI was the #1 pick in 1998, and hes still one of the BETTER CENTERS of the league. Sure he isint TIM DUNCAN... but hes a good starting center.

8.9 ppg, 1.22 bpg, 7.90 rpg

I see MING putting up similar numbers, maybe slightly higher in the PPG and BPG department.

• Admin

I think Ming will have a better rookie season than Kandi has had a career. It shows how pathetic the center situation is in this league with 8ppg and 7rpg is considered VERY GOOD. The guy was overhyped from day one and continues to be. People are so hung up on the notion that a #1 pick just doesn't have what it takes to be a top player, they jump out of their seats at any and every improvement he makes.

Ming can shoot, Ming can move his feet and Ming has the hands to catch a good pass. Those are all things that Kandi is still struggeling to do.