• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What the hell is going on here REALLY?

Wurider05

I am sick and tired of watching free agent after free agent get signed and we just sit here and do nothing. I think that BK owes the fans more. Are you telling me that we had abslutely no interest or need is trying to talk with Mcginnis or Keyon Dooling, or Juan Dixon. He claims that he doesn't want people to know who we are interested in but it is starting to appear that he isn't talking with anyone at all. I have read rumors that such and such GM is interested in player a or b then that player signs with that team. it seems that we are only targeting the guys we have the least chance of getting. What the F*ck do we need Damon Wilkins for? Every player on our team is a SF. Sooner or later the free agent pool is going to dry up and once again we will be stuck with CBA players and guys who weren't drafted. As for our last draft pick why in the hell did he get someone who won't even be in the league for a few years. WE ARE ON NO F*CKIN SHAPE TO STOCKPILE TALENT FOR THE FUTURE WE NEED ALL THE HELP WE CAN GET NOW. HE SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN RANDOLPH MORRIS WITH THAT PICK. WHAT THE HELL IS REALLY GOING ON FOLKS!!! I AM GETTING WORRIED.

I'm curious as to how the free agent pool is drying up when no one has signed a damn thing yet?

BK targets the players that fit his philosophy. He doesn't make moves to pacify fans that simply don't understand what BK is trying to build.

KB, please explain BK's long, and versitile philosophy for the less informed and tell me where such players as Lue, DRobs, Collier, Kenny Anderson, Jacque Vaughn, and Salim fit into it..I watch you blast any player mentioned that is not either super athletic or very tall but yet BK has not hesitated to add players like that to our roster...You seem to follow his philosophy more than he does..

BK can't go around signing guys like McGinnis, Dooling and Dixon because doing so would eat into the caproom we need to make big offers to restriced FAs like Curry, Chandler and Joe Johnson. BK apparently already made runs at the unrestricted guys (Ray Allen/ Big Z) who he thought could help us but they chose to resign with their old teams. Nothing he could do about that.

As for the Damien Wilkins rumor, did you hear BK say anything about that? Who knows if that is true or not. Even if it is true, how do you know that BK is not going to trade one of our other swingmen in order to land a big man or PG and then let Wilkins assume the role vacated by the traded swingman?

Randolph Morris? He wasn't even drafted! He agreed to play on our summer league team and then decided to go back to school. Why should BK have wasted a pick on him?

I said sooner or later the free agent pool will be drying up. And if you haven't noticed alot of players have committed to sign. What is BK's philosophy. We need onwership to reign him in and check him. His job is to get the best talent that he can get for this franchise not for him to get the players that he personally likes. I mean do you want another summer where we walk away empty handied due to his arrogance.

According to Ford, 37 players have committed to deals. Not one of them to the Hawks. We still need a C and a PG in order to field a team.

As I stated once before, they don't need to be our future PG and C, but they do need to be NBA starter quality. Otherwise, we may need to play our young guns out of position and possibly stunt their development.

First,we are not getting Joe Johnson..Phoenix is only going to hold our money up for 7 days then they will match..Second, no one has any clue if Joe can even play the point..Third, Boris Diaw is NOT and NBA point guard..He is a small forward with good handles that BK keeps insisting on playing out of position. We have 4 quality young guys that need to be developed on this team, a good veteran point guard would do more for them than all the good coaching or GMing in the world. You don't send a group of youngsters out with an experiment at the most vital position.

PG out there including Watson, McInnis, Stoudamire or Daniels. The fact that he is 6'7" is great and I'm sure that it was a factor in BK's decision to go after him but it was not the sole criteria. JJ can play!

As for Boris, what the heck else is he going to do? All he wants to do is pass the ball, even when he is wide open. If he doesn't play PG, he can only be a situational player at best because he is simply not aggressive enough offensively.

Says who?

When you are rebuilding, everything is about developing the talent you have and sticking with the philosophy you have. Getting a point guard that won't have any bearing on the long term future of this team is a useless move, especially since none of the point guards any of you have talked about are starting quality point guards.

Joe Johnson can play the point guard position and play it very well. He played it at Arkansas, and he has played it for the Suns as well. Before the Suns signed Steve Nash, Joe Johnson was going to be their point guard.

The fact that Joe Johnson can also play the shooting guard, small forward, and even the power forward positions is a plus to his ability as a point guard.

I am pretty sure that we are not getting Joe Johnson. From what I am hearing they are under alot of pressure to keep the team intact from last year. Just because a player can't play more than one position or isn't 6-7 or 6-8 that doesn't mean that they can't be a good Atlanta hawk. I really believe that BK will have us screwed royally before it is all over with.