• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Anyone think not trading #2 pick was a bad move?

hotboyj

I mean yeah I am just as happy as the next guy about us having a talent like Marvin.

But as I hear all the reasons to get rid of Al they all ulitmately sum up to Marvin, it has got me thinking.

Suppose we would have taken 5 and 13 from Charlotte, or even 7 and 16 from Toronto.

With 5 and 13 we could have pickep up Bynum and Jack

or Felton and Green

With 7 and 16 we could have picked up Bynum and Warrick

Possible line-up of either

JJ/Jack

JC/Salim

JS

AL/Pachulia

Bynum/Pachulia

or

JJ/Salim

JC/Delk

JS/Warrick

AL/Pachulia

Bynum/Pachulia

or

JJ/Felton

JC/Salim

JS/Green

AL

Zaza

So basically would you rather have one potential superstar, or 2 potential all-stars. One of which is over 7 feet tall.

Seriously with Bynum in the middle who is said to have a decent shot, good footwork, and a 35 inch vert, along with a good backup pg or an athletic specimen, this team would have a shot at the playoffs.

But we went the Marvin route, which includes getting rid of Al, and waiting at least another year in the gutter.

Just thouhgt I would let everyone know what things could be like.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with you to an extent, I'm not sure if it's a bad move yet, but im certainly not sold on Marvin, i watched plenty of UNC games, and i just wasn't that impressed with him. I hope he is as good as some people on this board say he is though, because we are stuck with him either way.

I would have traded the pick and then I would have taken Andrew Bynum and Gerald Green. To me those were the best players available.

Bynum is going to be better than Marvin, and he is a Center. Gerald Green is already better than Marvin.

Guest Walter

I really like him although he's a year or two behind in development. I like your hindsight draft. I likely wouldn't have made the deal but I also wouldn't have drafted Marvin based upon the information I have. Had I made such a deal in hindsight I couldn't imagine a better two players to get than Bynum and Greene. I would have picked up Ukic with the 1st pick of the 2nd rd. I wonder if he would have come over for us instead of TOR?

W

When you have the opportunity to take the player that is not only the best player in the draft but whose potential is far more than any two players combined in the draft, you take that player.

That player was Marvin Williams. There is quite a large gap between him and the next best player in the draft. You simply don't pass on a talent like Marvin.

KB...i hope you are right...i really really really hope you are right, because if you are right about Marvin, he will be one of the biggest superstars in the league. I don't see it, i just don't...but i could be wrong and you could be right, in this case, i hope you are right.

Green has just as good of a shot, and waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better athleticism.

Here we go again making stuff up.

What gives Marvin more potential than Bynum?

Bynum is a 7-footer who knows how to play.

That already at least puts him on the same level as Marvin.

Quote:

When you have the opportunity to take the player that is not only the best player in the draft but whose potential is far more than any two players combined in the draft, you take that player.

That player was Marvin Williams. There is quite a large gap between him and the next best player in the draft. You simply don't pass on a talent like Marvin.

I'm still trying to figure out why Marvin's potential is "far more" than any other player in the draft. Heck you even said more than any "two players". I just don't get it.

Guest Walter

While summerleague doesn't say eveything about you, if you aren't 10-15 best in summerleague you will not EVER be 10-15th best in NBA much less in 3 years.

W