Check this out ...

The_Handle

The Hawks could trade Theo Ratliff & Nazr Mohammed for Michael Olowokandi, Marko Jaric, and Marvin Ely/Chris Wilcox. First thing, the Clips got to sign Kandi to his contract.

Line-ups

Hawks

PG - Marko Jaric

SG - Jason Terry

SF - Glenn Robinson

PF - Shareef Abdur-Rahim

C - Michael Olowokandi

Bench - Emmanuel Davis, DerMarr Johnson, Chris Wilcox/Marvin Ely

Clippers

PG - Andre Miller

SG - Quentin Richardson

SF - Lamar Odom

PF - Elton Brand (if they keep him)

C - Theo Ratliff

Bench - Kenyon Dooling, Eric Piatowski, Corey Maggette, Chris Wilcox/Marvin Ely, Nazr Mohammed

Both teams improve, with the Clips getting a little bit of aspirin for next year's headache and the Hawks getting somebody who can play next to Terry.

Hawks need a big point to play next to Terry ... Clippers need to cut some contracts without returning to the Western Conference cesspool. Mohammed, Wilcox/Ely, and Ratliff would just fill in the financial & positional holes, and make the trade to both teams advantage.

Not something I've heard.

I'm pretty sure that the "super mgt." of the Clipps are going to hang around to Ely and Wilcox as bargaining chips/ "legitimate" back-up options for their negotiations with Olowakandi and Brand. Their Mgt. has yet to prove anything other than that they're willing to stock-pile young talent...the second part, about paying that talent some and attempting to build a legitimate team, has been non-existant throughout the years. I hope that I'm wrong, and the leopard has actually decided to change his spots and the Clipps are going to continue to build upon their current young core....but, like I said, that has yet to be seen.

Ummm ... the Hawks average 2 apg less than their opponents because Terry plays point, when it's not his natural position. And with the new offensive weapon of Glenn Robinson, who certainly isn't use to creating after playing with Sam Cassell and Rafer Alston, Hawks are going to need some guys who can read defenses and know where to give Robinson the shot. Robinson's going to hit a good shot, but he needs to be given one.

Which brings back the whole trade idea, with DeMarr coming off the bench behind Terry & Glenn. Marko playing point, and getting these scorers the ball in good places, and Kandi providing the interior defense.

p.s. you lost Kukoc and Vaugh, amounting to about 7 assists per game when & after you got Robinson; you are going to need somebody to pick up that slack, and Terry has too much of a scorer's mentality to so, which is good that he's a scorer, and an efficient long-range shooter, but like I said, you need someone like Vaughn, but taller (like Davis), who at the same time isn't too short to defend the 2's when Terry's in, and who isn't an offensively liability, such as Marko Jaric

and you're so quick to assume that a rook who has yet to play an NBA game is so suited to this assignment. Terry has played both the 1 and the 2, primarily the 1 in college if I'm not mistaken. Given his success to this point and three years NBA experience, I'd definitely go on the side of caution.

That's not to say that I don't have any reservations/ questions as to whether or not Terry is exactly what this team needs at the pg, but I'd be much more willing to try him with a decent amount of assurance that something will be done than to give "such a valuable position" to an NBA rookie (his being foreign is actually on his side, given their dedication to fundamentals and intimate coaching, esp. at such a skill position, possibly the one that probably requires the least athletic ability and the most "basketball sense" and ability to see the floor...

nevertheless, Terry is proven in both college and the NBA - that's a bet I'd take 9 times outta 10.

Moron alert

Why would we trade Theo for a loust 8/8

player that shoots 43%?That's stupid.Take

this stupid [censored] somewhere else.Kandi isn't

even good for double figures scoring.

Marko?You mean that ugly dude that plays

for than one forgien team?How do you know

he can play PG in the NBA?IT requires alittle

different from that to the NBA.The NBA is

a stale game so it's much harder to run PG.

Maybe you and Diesel should get together

and go bowling=)

And I'll be honest,these dudes are the most

reason i am considering giving basketball up.

Too much Euro for my taste.PLUS the fact the

american players are so poor at representing

the country and realizing NBA ball is even worse

than even I thought it was.And I have been

bitching about it for years.