• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Yi struggles against US college team

TexasPete

Yi hardly looked like the 6th pick of the draft against a US team of incoming freshman and sophomores as he was 3 of 8 from the field and struggled on both ends of the floor.He scored 11 meaningless points at the foul line in the 4th quarter after the blow out was long sealed. Two other Chinese players led the team in scoring.I will say it again. China is a 2nd class basketball country that is light years beyond Europe. A bunch of just out of high schoolers and 2nd year college kids pounded their ass. Yi should have done a lot better against that kind of competition. The talk about him being as All Star is so laughable that it may be the worst prediction on this board ever. The kid has light years to go before he can do anything of substance in the NBA. I'm shocked that we didn't draft him because we usually suffer after the draft watching our lottery picks struggle in the summer league. China plays against the Dallas Maverick summer team tomorrow and my guess is he will not look good.Thankfully, this bust is not ours.

Don't you think that's a bit of an overreaction? I'm just saying - give the kid a chance to get his feet wet in the NBA. I'll be interested to see what happens when he starts playing with talent around him. The rest of the Chinese team is garbage and it doesn't help Yi in the least.What's laughable is to write off an entire career after one summer league game.

I wrote off Yi a long time ago. BTW, he was their 3rd leading scorer and struggled on defense against a 19 and under US team. He is not strong enough to play in the league right now. If he can't get more than 8 shots off against a bunch of 18 and 19 year old kids he is in trouble. The number 6 pick in the draft should have done a lot more against that competition. Thats what lottery picks do against comp like that. The CBA is like the Patriot League. It is so inferior it isn't even in the ballpark. The fact is that if this kid was 6'9 he wouldnt even have been drafted because his strength and skill level is not even close. The fact that he is 7'1 makes him interesting. Problem is his skill level is not where it needs to be. He is 248 pounds and is just weak. He will be the recipient of a lot of facials this year and I'm relieved that they won't be for us.