• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Official Hawksquawk Fantasy Basketball League

Yep.......I was in it one year. Nique21 use to be my screen name. It is nice to have an active league. I just can't turn away people that wants to play. So what if a couple of teams forget about their teams. They fall to last place. So what if Kevin Garnett is on their team. Whether they are active or not, it probably isn't likely you could make a trade for him anyway.

I have no problems with the long time posters here having a league. That's great! It just seems a little "stuck up", when some of you go out of your way to post in other people's threads, stating this isn't the official league.

Hey.....we live in the South! Where's the Southern Hospitatlity?

Anyone that wants to play fantasy with other Hawks Fans. I strongly encourage ya joinning Red's League or Hawkzzz21 League. Last time I checked, Red is having a offline draft. While my draft will be live.

Good luck to all 3 leagues! GO HAWKS!

helping people to not look like a dumbass when they call the league the "official" Hawksquawk league when they dont have a damn clue what they are talking about.....not to mention I am sure they didnt run it by Chillz or Kudzu before claiming the league as being the "official" Hawksquawk league.

There is a reason why the main league is only made up of posters who have been here a while and that is because when you have a league with 16 teams, each team is watered down a bit compared to if you have a league with 12 teams. So if we have a 16 team league and 4 GMs quit, then the rest of us have to suffer without the opportunity to add players that could help out and we end up getting stuck with scrubs to fill out the roster.

Well I didn't see the harm, or think of red as being a "dumb ass". We have enough posters here for us to have 10 official Hawksquawk Leagues. Which I doubt that many would really be interested in it.

If Chillz or Kudzu, or anyone else really had a problem with it, I think they would have removed the post by now. I think by them keeping it up, shows that it really isn't that big of a deal to them.

I mean after all, it's just a fantasy league. It's suppose to be fun. It's free to do. In all likelihood, each league is only gonna involve 20 peeps at the most anyways.

It's just the name of the league for pete's sake. It's not like the success or lack of the success of the league, is gonna hurt/help this website one bit.

As for your arguement on the water down part of the league. Wouldn't having 4 dead beat teams, help the talent pool? After all, that's 4 less teams that will be looking to sign the hot players, or players that are getting more PT, due to injured guys. Whether you have 4 dead teams or not, it's all still fair for the guys trying to win. Everyone is in the same boat. Whether it's fantasy or real, you can't control what other teams do, just your own. At the end of the day, if your on top or not, you can't blame other teams for your record.

Like I said, it's great that the long time posters here have a league. Not sure if I would qualify. I have been here a long time, but not in continuous fashion. I have played in the league here before. Just by a couple of posts by "long time posters", actually puts a sour twist on the league, and something that I personally would not care to be a part of.

I have a great bunch of peeps that I have in a fantasy league. The majority of us stick around, and play all sports together. It's a fun league, and a very active one. The best part, if you win this league, it's like you really won something. Cause everyone tries. I'm sure the Long Time Poster's League is that way too.

However, I'm glad every year that we lose a couple of teams. I love the fresh blood. The new insights from the new teams. The "mystery" in having a new team. Anyone that thinks they have above average fantasy skills, and looking for a real challenge, is more than welcome to join.

Biggest message board turn off, that I have is when someone puts something like this in one of their replies. "Hey, your completely wrong, you only have 10 posts, you newbie, go back home" or "hey your not the Hawks GM, what do you know, you only have 10 posts here".

Things like that always amazes me. I personally could care less who says it. If I agree with something, or disagree with something, I will tell you why. I would never use the number of posts, to dictate what someone had to say.

I get that same feeling here. With someone wanting to start a fantasy league. If you really wanted to try to not make someone look like a dumbass, wouldn't something like this been more apporiate:

Hey, good luck with your league. Long time posters here have a league that they call the "official league". However, the teams in that league have pretty much already been decided. So don't be surprise of the active posters here don't join your league. It's probably just because they want to be in a league they are familar with, and people that have proven to be active. So don't take it as anything against you.

OK, good luck long time posters with your league. I really mean that. If you do have some open spots in your league this year, try to find some people that are sincere about joinning it. I wouldn't just take the next guy in line, that has the most posts. Maybe have a 10 question test, to test their fantasy knowledge. I'm sure someone that won a contest of fantasy knowledge would feel so proud, that it would make them an active fantasy owner. I bet they would want to prove they belong, and would feel honored in your league, knowing that not just anyone can join.

Red and I have two other fantasy leagues going. His is the official one, and mine is the unofficial one. In my league, you have to have less than 400 posts to join.........j/k, I will take all. After all, I am the king of fantasy. I always win. Just another league for me, and another championship.

Red is looking more for the active owner. So his league might offer the most competition. I will take relaxed, or serious. Just however you play your fantasy is fine by me. Only thing I guarantee, is a fair runned league!

AGAIN, GOOD LUCK TO ALL 3 LEAGUES!

PS......if anyone joins all 3 leagues. Please give us updates on the best league out of the bunch. Maybe we can not only have the traditional fantasy competition, but maybe we can have some league competition as well. Who knows, if the "long time posters" league is willing, I'm sure me and Red would be more than willing to give up our champs, and let the 3 champs be assured a league for next year. So two years from now, we could truly crown a fantasy champ, and see which league he represents. Heck, have a balance league. The top 4 teams from each league, gets to play in the one next year. Oh well......just a thought.

I didnt mean to insinuate that anyone here was a dumbass, but my point is that before anyone here goes around calling something official, maybe they should talk to the people who actually run the board or who have been contributing to this board for many years.

I can only speak from my 4 years in the league when it comes to needing active members who know what they are doing in the fantasy league and being able to trust them to not quit. Obviously not everyone will agree with that, but its a formular that we have found produces an exciting league with lots of competition. When you let anyone join that wants to, you end up with people who may or may not stay in for more than a few weeks.

Anyways, I am not running the league anymore and maybe the football league guys will be running it. Thats just my 2 cents on the issue.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Admin

I currently joined the one with the live draft. THe live draft is a lot of fun and makes you make quick decisions.

Who were the guys that finished near the top last year and remained compeitive throughout the season, I know Dolfan had done well. I forgot who the rest were.

I would like for you guys to particpate in this league since you helped make last years fun.

• Admin

nm, I dropped out of that one. 10 players on the bench and 3 IL players along with your starting lineup takes some of the management out of it. I am not putting your league down but I enjoy leagues where you have to manage your roster more then just selecting who will be starting each night. With a smaller bench and injuries, sometimes you are forced to drop players to pick up FAs. With this many bench players there will not be any FA available. Plus you will almost always have a full starting lineup which takes some of the challenge out of it too.

OK, adjusted the bench spots. Went from 10 to 6. So Free Agency is a little better now. We may not get 16 teams. So keep that in mind too.

The IL remains at 3.

League ID#: 2807

League Name: Unofficial Squawkers League

Password: atlanta

Draft Type: Live Draft

Draft Time: Sat Oct 22 11:00am EDT [ Add to My Calendar ]

Max Teams: 16

Scoring Type: Head-to-Head

Max Moves: No maximum

Max Trades: No maximum

Trade Reject Time: 2

Trade End Date: March 2, 2006

Waiver Time: 2 days

Can't Cut List Provider: None

Trade Review: League Votes

Post Draft Players: Follow Waiver Rules

Weekly Deadline: Daily - Tomorrow

Start Scoring on: Week 1

Roster Positions: PG, SG, G, SF, PF, F, C, C, Util, Util, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, IL, IL, IL

Stat Categories: FG%, FT%, 3PTM, PTS, REB, AST, ST, BLK, TO