• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

BK vs Isiah vs. Paxon

Diesel

• Premium Member

I think the book will be out this year on these GMs...

First Paxon, he trade Curry for a first round pick... At one time, Curry was thought to be one of the pillars of the future of the Bulls...

NY gave up a first plus TT, plus Mike Sweetney for Curry..

BK passed on Curry because of his health and his effort.

The question is.... Is this another case of NY picking a longterm bust... Or will Isiah prove to be smarter than BK/Paxson?

• Premium Member

BK

Acquired JJ, MWill, Zaza...

Lost: Diaw.

Paxson

Acquired: TT, Sweetney,

Lost: Curry, Davis

Thomas

Acquired: Curry, Qrich, Frye

Lost TT, Sweetney, Thomas,

Who's doing better for their team?

• Moderators

You left out the most important acquisition: Larry Brown. Isaih would end up with egg on his face except Brown will make this a decent team.

I think BK made smarter moves. I think the Bulls are questionable. But Thomas has the luxury of money to spend and a team that the best players and coaches want to be on. That is a huge advantage.

Quote:

I think the book will be out this year on these GMs...

First Paxon, he trade Curry for a first round pick... At one time, Curry was thought to be one of the pillars of the future of the Bulls...

NY gave up a first plus TT, plus Mike Sweetney for Curry..

BK passed on Curry because of his health and his effort.

The question is.... Is this another case of NY picking a longterm bust... Or will Isiah prove to be smarter than BK/Paxson?

Don't forget - Paxson got two servicable NBA players & a first round pick for a player no other team was bidding on, and was going to leave Chicago at the end of the year. It looks like once again Isiah overpaid for the toy he had to have.

For Paxson, it wasn't the option of keeping Curry or trading him - Curry was not going to play for the Bulls after this season, and according to Paxson if Curry didn't take the DNA test he wouldn't play this season either.

I think Paxson got a hell of a deal, but I'm biased.

As for BK, when you are bad as a team you have to overpay for great players. I think trading for JJ could turn into a real coup for the Hawks. He might not be a "great" player, but he will bring some respectability to the Hawks.

And finally, once again Isiah has shown that he is the worst GM in the league. Running Toronto into the ground wasn't enough, now hes doing it to New York. He had all the leverage and he still gave up two good players and essentially 2 first round picks for a guy who doesn't play defense, rebound, and is turnover prone. I hope good things for Eddy Curry - but if he thought the Chicago papers were bad I can't wait to see what New York has in store for him.

Quote:

You left out the most important acquisition: Larry Brown. Isaih would end up with egg on his face except Brown will make this a decent team.

I think BK made smarter moves. I think the Bulls are questionable. But Thomas has the luxury of money to spend and a team that the best players and coaches want to be on. That is a huge advantage.

Aside from Marbury (who is questionable as well), who exactly are the great players that are coming to play for the knicks?

I think a real good question would be who gave up more and which player is more valuable

For JJ - 2 protected 1sts, boris Diaw and an exemption

For Curry (since Davis will be cut and resign with the Bulls) - Thomas, Jermaine Jackson, Sweetney and a first plus 2 2nd round picks.

Both paid similar money.

Would you trade 2 protects firsts, diaw and an Exemption for Thomas, Sweetney, Jackson and 3 draft picks. Is Diaw and an exemption worth Thomas, Sweetney, Jackson. Are 2 protected 1sts worth an unprotected 1st and 2 2nds. I say yes in both cases.

I like Curry but I think JJ is a better all around player. I think the draft choices are a wash and the player/players given up favor our deal. Giving up Diaw is negligible. He wasn't giving anything on a nightly basis to this team that warranted him staying. Given an option between Thomas and Diaw for the same money I'd take Thomas. So as much as the Johnson trade looked like we were giving up a lot at first, it sure seems like New York is giving up more for Curry.

Given Davis returns to Chicago after a month of changing channels it sure looks like the Bulls have fleeced the Nicks again.

So far BK and Paxson have proven to be good drafters but questionable in some other moves, but way better than Isiah who seems to just give up whatever it takes to get a player that he wants.

As far as this trade, at first glance it looked like NY had fixed it's center problem by getting Curry at a decent contract and giving up Sweetney and some other less valuable assets. Chicago would suddenly be weak at center but had even more young assets to build on. Tim Thomas and Antonio Davis are both way overpaid on expiring contracts but losing Davis and Curry would have really hurt Chicago. If Davis is cut by NY to go back to Chicago then I think Chicago really won on this trade, even to some degree if Curry pans out, because Chicago wasnt going to keep Curry anyways.

• Moderators

I didn't say the knicks are getting great players, all I'm saying is that despite being a bad team really good players still want to play there.

When we traded for Rasheed it was public knowledge that he wanted to play for the Knicks. They weren't significantly better than the Hawks.

How many times have you heard how strange/unheard of it is for JJ to want to play here. Would anyone have questioned if it was the Knicks?

The problem is that Isiah traded away two expiring contracts. The Bulls will be anywhere from 10-15 million under the cap next year, and that is with a core of good young players:

PG Kirk Heinrich

SG Ben Gordon

SF Luol Deng

C Tyson Chandler

As far as comparing the two trades, I think Atlanta got the best player - but they also gave up the most. Chicago was just happy to get something for Curry who was going to leave anyways, and as always Isiah was happy to oblige by overpaying.

The players Chicago received are irrelevant, its the expiring contracts that are the most valuable.

I'm assuming the Chicago Frontcourt will look like the following

SF: Luol Deng, Tim Thomas

PF: Antonio Davis, Michael Sweetney

C: Tyson Chandler, Othella Harrington

Quote:

BK didn't feel the Hawks should take the risk, so I support BK for not doing it, and it wasn't a must move for the Hawks.

Paxson will benefit from the trade, because Sweetney is going to be a beast, and will provide the Bulls with alot on both sides of the court.

Isiah finally made a decent move that will improve the trade greatly, because they weren't looking to resign Tim Thomas, so they really just traded Sweetney/first round pick for Curry (a need). I almost forgot about Q-Rich, so that was another good trade be Isiah, so he is finally doing some smart trades.

in going to NYC one instantly becomes about 100x more marketable. Exposurs is greatly increased as in fan following (even in terms of sheer numbers).

This is why regardless of team success...NY will be a place that FA's want to go (see the Houston effect).

That is...until they turn on you

um...until you realize that they have steph, crawford, q-rick, return of allan houston...and that's just for starters, as their 'guards'...and not a one of htem is really even a 'swing man' (sf).

lotta contract dollars there folks, lotta contract dollars.

best move was getting the other LB...

• Premium Member

I see it differently.

I don't think Sweetney is a good fit. First off, Chicago is building an athletic team, Sweetney is a Small PF who can score around the basket. It's not a great match...

I don't think Larry Brown can walk on water. I think it will be 2 yrs before he sets up the Knicks. I think the major move will be moving Marbury. He talks about Marbury going to the 2, but really, LB wants Marbury gone. At one time, I was sure, Zeke would try to pull the strings on a Delk/Harrington/Filler for Marbury deal... If JJ doesn't work out at PG, thatis an option, but I would want Lee back!

Gives them a lot of options on the court and they will be able to knock down the big shots. The Knicks are going to be a very clutch team now, and I still think they should of let go Houston due to his contract. It appears that the Knicks aren’t worried about money, so clearly they will just let Houston’s contract run out, but they are still able to add players like Eddy Curry and Q-Rich. The team is going to be a contender and should make the playoffs.

I’m not a fan of the Knicks by all means, but clearly they have turned things around for the best, and you will see that this season.

No proof that Lebron James wants to even go to the Knicks, so I'm actually sick of hearing those rumors, and you will see him stay with the Cavs. They are making bank with him and expect them to match the offers to him.

Have you seen Sweetney play? He is a body man. You can say how he's a small power forward, but he still manages to get the rebounds, and he uses his frame to his advantage. You will see him put up some very good numbers with the Bulls.

• Premium Member

What the hell are you talking about Birdman?

LB = Larry Brown.

LBJ = Lebron James...

I agree about Sweetney being a rebounding short PF, but they have a tall rebounder at PF by the name of TYSON... Tyson is much better at it. Sweetney's offensive game will slow the running bulls down.