falcons scrape out a win, defense stinks...

chillzatl

• Admin

Somehow we managed to scrape out a win. But boy was it ugly. Our defense is wretched. Though I have to give props to Brooking. Moving him back to MLB seems to have sparked him. This is the first game that I've seen him actually contribute. But less make meaningful plays. That's not to say he looked great out there. But at least he was noticable. Rod Coleman was the only other guy that stood out to me. Our secondary is WRETCHED. Brian Scott man.. I dont' know if he's trying to play his way back to europe or what. But the previous week he didn't have one tackle and this week he literally blew 5 plays that he should have made. D.Hall needs to reevaluate who he thinks he is. He talked all this smack after shutting down T.O in the season opener. But since then he's looking like a fool out there. They're back to playing this soft zone crap and giving up 10-14 yards at will. I don't know if they expect recievers to drop the ball, so they just sag off them or what. But this is the NFL, most teams receivers aren't as bad as ours.....

As for the offense, I just don't get it. We're an excellent running team, yet we only seem to commit to the run AFTER our receivers prove they can't hold onto the ball. It's been my experiene that you do it the exact opposite. Run the ball from the opening kick and use the pass to open things up even more for the run. We just aren't doing that. And our receivers... man.. say what you want about Vick and his vision and passing ability. But our receivers are just plain bad. Dez White dropped 3 extremely catchable balls. Finneran was a no show. I don't know if he just coudln't get open or what. But Vick just didn't throw to him until the final minute of the game. After seeing the way Shaub used him, by simply putting it up in the air near him and letting him make the play. I was shocked to not see anything from him for almost teh entire game.

Which brings me to antoher complaint. How the hell is it that, with one minute to go, we can walk down the field, passing the entire way. While the other team KNOWS that we're going to do nothing but pass. They KNOW we're going to pass, yet htey can't stop us from picking up like 65 yeards, in 35 seconds, all passing. Yet, during the course of teh game, our guys can't get open and can't hold onto passes for [censored].. It's frustrating.

And again, I know Vick isn't perfect. But I saw a LOT of excellent reads and passes from him that his guys just flat out blew for him. The interception was the only blown pass that I blame on him. It was too hard and way too high. Beyodn that, I've seen some major growth from him this season. he's recognizing the defenses and changing plays on the line. He's seeing blitzes and catching guys in the flat to protect himself and get rid of the ball. He's also making much better passes by simply taking a little off and not throwing passes that are so hard that nobody in the league can catch.

2nd worst Mora defensive showing. Only the KC game was worse, IMO. They got some big play off TO's, but other than that got dominated. Almost 500 yards of total offense from a Saints offense that was without Deuce McAllister and Joe Horn. That is not good.

Also, Vick. I love him. I've always defended him, but now I am beginning to question him.. he needs to stop messing around now.

Scott had 2 INT opportunities, but was not able to take advantage. our DBs have to make plays!

im very satisfied w/ our D-LINE. As a team, they do a good job of applying pressure to the QB.

Our Linebackers are fine. Brooking made some good hard hits at the right time. no complaints there.

BUT OUR DBs + SAFETY needs to step up! Guys like Peyton Manning + Tom Brady will have perfect QB ratings against us with the way our DBs play.

-------------------------------------------------

As for offense, we had a slow start running the ball but we sticked to the plan and ran effectively toward the end. no complaints. for our standard, it was an "OFF" Day- but its just that. an OFF DAY. no complaints.

The passing game is EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING. No, Mike Vick is not the most accurate passer in the NFL. However, he made passes that SHOULD HAVE BEEN CAUGHT by our WRs. Our WRs need to step up and make plays.

having a football bounce off ur HANDS + CHEST is NO EXCUSE! in the NFL, EUROPE LEAGUE, COLLEGE, hell- even HIGH SCHOOL! c'mon guys!!!!

overall, we barely won and need to improve.

WRs + DBs need to step up.

Vick can run and he has a strong arm and you have hope

that he will be the next great thing... But really he

might be the next Randall Cunningham.... Wasn't he hurt

most of his career? I wasn't around in the late 80's

and early 90's.

I think he has got to change the way he plays abit. His

lack of height is a dissadvange though.