• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Diesel....What do you think about Marvin?

djcorley

Personally, I think he looks better at this point then even any of his supporters thought...So, I noticed you haven't made mention of his play lately. SO, I was just wondering what you think about his play so far? AND, has your opinion changed about just how high his ceiling really is!

I think this guy will easily be the 2nd best player on the team by the start of next year...maybe even the end of this year!...there's nothing on the floor he can't do...I think you're gonna eat some major crowe on this guy before it's all said and done!

Quote:

Not another Marvin thread.....LOL

I hope the mods lock it immediately. Think of the poor dead horse and all his bruises already!

• Premium Member

Like I have said many times before, I like to give Rookies... All Rookies til March before evaluations.. I like to give the team 20 games before evaluations. I think we will see a lot less of Marvin simply because we will be a better team than most believe and we will have the need to have Al/Smoove on the floor.. Marvin will find himself fighting with Delk and Salim for playing time.

Lastly, I haven't seen Marvin play yet so I can't comment on his game... But trust me, the regular season approaches...

wait, you didn't get the message? the rules changed today. Diesel decided this was so, and thereby many of his previous messages have been redendered obsolete, purged from the data base. there is no history of his having ever said otherwise...

this message will now self destruct...

12 points in 36 minutes. Led the team in turnovers?

Isn't these numbers that a Boris Diaw could put up?

His number 2 status is gone in my book. I know a lot of you said you wouldn't trade him for a couple of guys that got picked lower than him in the draft. I disagree. Don't put any more worth in them than needed. Guys like Vilaneuva, Granger, Paul, Gomes, Robinson, etc..... I would in a heartbeat trade Marv for 2 of these guys. I woudn't of on draft day or before, but now I think you can take into consideration summer and preseason. Yes, it's still not as good as regular season play, but I would definately gamble on any 2 of the guys listed above for Marv.

• Premium Member

Oh..

I still believe that MW will be a bust for us. It has more to do with him vs. Paul vs. Deron vs. Smoove.... That hasn't changed and won't unless MW can prove that he is better than these guys... UNLIKE some of you, I'm not for giving MW and indefinite time to prove himself.

I will evaluate his game (on our team) in March... but I doubt that he will be better for us than Deron or Paul would have been nor is he better than Smoove... That's just where I see it...

So you guys can get happy about 8 pts, 5 rebs if you like... Hell it can be 12 pts 5 rebs.

However, when I look over and see Deron with 16 pts, 9 assists, and 3 rebs... I will look at Marvin and SAY... BUST.

• Premium Member

Quote:

ow

just wow

your opinion of marvin dropped that much from preseason and summer league (injured, btw)?!?!?

You host a whole thread asking for a snap judgement of Marvin's game... Maybe because YOU saw something you like and then when you get one, you have all the excuses in the world!!

That's funny!

You gotta be kidding...Marvin already is and will continue to be much, much better then any of those guys you mentioned...he's 19 years old and he's getting some serious trial by fire here because the fact is he's gotta play for us this year...he's the primary back-up for Al and Smoove...plus he's the #2 pick so he's gonna be on the floor alot...I can't wait...you guys are gonna eat some serious crowe!

remember when Damon Stoudamire won ROY over some very stiff competition. Had a great year, on a team that played him a lot...but that didn't translate inthe best 'career' by any means...

Paul will score and have a good year. He's going ot have the green ilght to do whatever he wants. Mayve with a whisper of pass to Magloire every now and then...

Deron...I like as well. we'll see.

I was starting to write more...and then simply said what's the point.

• Premium Member

About Stoudamire...

As you look at his draft class, I would still say he's 3rd best out of that class even now... Behind KG and Rasheed...

The Perspective I look at MWill is:

He's not better than Deron or Paul..

and With Smoove and Al here, when will he play enough to prove himself?

The followup to your next statement is How many good players must be casted aside to give this guy a shot? He doesn't already have obvious superstar potential.... So we have to give away proven talent to give him room to grow?