• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Um...can someone tell me what happened?

Wretch

• Premium Member

Haven't been around a lot lately to post, lots of stuff going on. With the main thing being...

I got a job! lol CRAZY story. 400 applicants for 1 job...and they picked me. Wow...anyway...lots of stuff going on. BUT, the most important is that Hawks basketball is underway.

I don't have a bunch of time right now to go through all the threads...but what happened last night?!?!?!?!?! I watched the 1st half of the game and we were up by like 10... I was supremely confident in JJ's ability to run the show, I loved how Al came out and showed such veteran leadership... Smoove was hitting 20 footers... ZaZa looked like an AWESOME pickup... Chill's shot still looked horrible, but he was active with the ball and making smart plays. Even Marvin looked decent out there... Aside from the jitterbug-turnovers, we looked FANTASTIC out there...

I had to go to bed...

Then I checked the box score this morning...and we're blown out. WTF?

Someone said something about Coaching, and while I was watching the 1st half...I dunno man... It was just popping into my head from time to time watching these guys break down. I'm like, "we need a timeout..." It doesn't come until after 2 or 3 turnovers, defensive lapses (like Murphy's throwdown), and an 8 point lead is dwindled to 1. I didn't like Woody's rotations either. I like Lue out there, but I felt sometimes he was out there a little long and that he and Salim shouldn't be on the floor together. I didn't think Donta or Edwards should have seen time in the 1st half...

Anywho, I'm not ready to fire Woody. But, I never used to feel that way with Lenny or Fratello (though they both had their issues that I didn't like...). 30 - 35 wins is enough to cut Woody some slack. But we are better than a 15 - 20 win squad. Damn...I don't have a bunch of time...

So anyway, somebody tell me what happened in the second half!

Yes, Wretch, congrats on that job!

I only wish that I too had only watched the first half (I really should have gone to bed early). You did not miss a game!

I saw a lot of good things in that first half too that showed promise for the future. I think the coach, assistants, and players all need to question themselves about what happened in the second half, look at themselves in the mirror, and concentrate on a start to finish full out effort against Clipperland tomorrow.

With no rudder, a ship will be blown about with every

wind and completely out of control.

Hawks showed the lack of leadership, both on the floor

and from the coaches.

Head coach gets the credit, as he is the leader. Other

coaches apparently didn't do their job to prepare this

team for what happened. There was no leadership on the

floor when the Hawks did their famous SLEEPWALK.

Hawks couldn't adjust on the fly and no time out was

taken to adjust. Poor substitution was the Head Coach's

fault. Poor play on the floor was the fault of both

the players out there at the time and all the assistant

coaches for not having them prepared for what happened.

You can't point to one individual and say, "It's all

his fault." There was plenty to go around for everyone

involved to get their share.

The big question is, "Can the Hawks come away from this,

learn from it and take the proper steps to see that it

doesn't happen, over and over again?"

If they can, it was worth it. If they can't or will not,

then we must find other solutions to the problem. It's

not something that can't be fixed. But, it must be

addressed now and quick. We can't have an entire season

with the same thing happening as what happened in the

second half of our first game.