• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

BlackHawk Swoops Back In

BlackHawkDown

Demarr Johnson in my eyes is well on his way to has been status.

1) this was a critical year in terms of his development. He already had to deal with the fact that he at best could only be a 4th option. Now he has to struggle just to get back to were he was. He will need at least one season to return to prior form and anothe r year maybe even two to blossum, but the NBA could care less the hawks wont give him a decent chance nor any other team in the league.

2) Big Dog effectively ruins any hopes for DJ to become a superstar. T-Mac couldn't shine until he got away from Vince, I could go down the list but there is no point.

3) DJ is timid enough without being injured. I remember a minor injury in college slowed my career for a few months, I just wasn't as gung ho until I was absolutley sure. That takes months even after the healing process is finished

Dion it is make or break.

1) This is Dions last chance to stay in ATL, He is suffering through what DJ will over the next two - three years. Injuritis. If Dion doesn't post decent numbers and play effective D then his career in ATL is over

Jimmy Jackson would be the best possible acqusition for a relatively youug team in need of D.

Wells would be nice, but no way do we get him for nothing...

he is a restricted FA and Portland has no fear of luxury taxes, so they would just match anything that we offered (although I believe that all we could offer would be the MCE)

Portland would have to do a sign and trade...

Wells is a bad choice for this team.

1) He is a gunner, in no way could he be a choice for a 4th option.

2) Wells isn't free, God only knows how much we would lose trying to get him.

3) JJ is excellent as a role player, and hindsight being 20/20 we should not have traded him to begin with. Plus he is cheap we could get him for well under 3 million.

4) JJ can be dropped if and when DJ returns to playing for Wells can't we are stuck with him.

I have always said we should go for qaulity. JJ is good filler until we can pull a deal for a better choice than Wells.

PS. In no way am I berating Bonzi, I just think there are better choices out there.

JJ and Lon weren't getting along very well when he left and the last thing we need is for someone to come in and disrupt team chemistry. He's not that good anyway and he doesn't really fill a need. I'd rather go with Glove or Ira as the starter with the other one coming off the bench than to resign JJ. We just don't need him.

• Premium Member

Portland is a team filled with stars all able to score 20 ppg in a season and Wells was never called Selfish or Showboat or Blackhole.

However, The Lakers have only shaq/Kobe as 20 ppgers and Kobe is such the black hole that Shaq asked to be traded. Imagine what happens when Kobe plays on a team full of 20 ppg players? He would ruin it.

• Premium Member

IF he were here, none of that would happen.

He'd play Starting SG, he'd be happy with the City. He'd have all the PT he wanted, and he'd get less t's.

However, what do you think would happen if Kobe played for Portland and had to:

1. Split the SG position with Derrick Anderson.

2. Had to Share the scoring duties with Wallace, Pippen, Stoudamire.

3. Had to deal with NOT being the focus of the offense at all.

I bet Kobe would be a lot worst... Showboat... Blackhole... ON A team full of Stars... Somebody make the trade.

Sorry, but Kobe is so much better than Wells that that comparison is just plain silly.

As one of the top shooting guards in the game, he wouldn't have to spit time with Derrick Anderson. Pippen and Stoudamire would become strictly passers with a target like Kobe on the team. Right now, Kobe plays a content 2nd bannana to the best, most dominant player in the game. In Portland, Wallace would have to get used to playing in Kobe's shadow. Why on earth wouldn't he be the focus of the offense?

Who says that Wells would be happy here? You sure he would be happy being the 3rd option in our offense? He's the 2nd option in Portland and he still bitches. He'd also have a lot more opportunities to get into trouble here than he would in Portland. And why would he get fewer T's?

As far as Kobe in Portland:

1. He WOULDN'T split time at SG with Anderson. Anderson would accept his role as Kobe's backup playing 10 mpg, learn to play PG or be traded.

2. He WOULDN'T have to share scoring duties with all those guys. Wallace would be a hell of a 2nd option (just like Reef would be for us) and Pippen and Stoudemire would get whatever was left over. They would not be primary options.

3. He WOULD be the focus of the offense. He would be the focus of the offense on ANY team that didn't include Shaq or TD and even then, he would have more than he share of plays run for him just as he does now.

You obviously hate Kobe but these idiotic statements make you lose any credibility that you might have when it comes to being objective. The funny thing is that I don't like the Lakers at all. I RESPECT Kobe and Shaq as players but I was hoping that the Kings were going to kick their asses. I also rooted for Portland 2 years ago. In fact, I have rooted for EVERY team the Lakers have played against in the playoffs for the last 3 years. That being said, I know they are a great team and despite what you think, until they lose, they are the team to beat.

from hoospworld.. it is a few months old, but might at least shed a little on blazers plans for bonzi....

The public relations of the players has been less successful. Damon Stoudamire is not helping the situation with his drug arrest and hearing on August 3rd. Fortunately for Damon, Allen Iverson has taken the headlines as the NBA player in trouble with the law, making Damon’s possession of marijuana charge, seem much less dangerous in light of Iverson bashing in a window and using a handgun to threaten people. However, Damon’s transgression will not be viewed lightly by the Blazers staff and is threatening their master public relations plan. Bonzi Wells is another story. Since, Bonzi’s inflammatory remarks, Bonzi has remained quiet off the court and his energetic style and engaging personality make it hard to dislike Bonzi for a significant amount of time. Look for Bonzi to reclaim his way into the public hearts before the tip-off of next season.

The Blazers went into the offseason looking at 2 solid NBA starting point guards in Bonzi Wells and Derek Anderson, a superb NBA veteran in Scottie Pippen and a super-sub/want-to-be-starter in Ruben Patterson. The Blazers were attempting to determine, during the offseason, whether Bonzi Wells could slide to small forward once Pippen leaves after this season as a free agent to ease the logjam as Ruben is best suited to coming off the bench. All plans changed on draft night when the super-talented Qyntel Woods slipped to the 21st selection in the draft. The Blazers now can plan on Woods being the starting small forward in 3-4 years with Ruben taking over in the interim. This, however, creates a new problem in that it is becoming increasingly clear that either Anderson or Bonzi needs to be moved to get the Blazers some size or youth and allow the Blazers to become more cohesive, younger and bigger. The Blazers may wait one season to make such a move, but signing Bonzi now makes him difficult to trade due to the base-year compensation rules, which means the Blazers will work frantically this season to see whether it is in their best interests to move him this offseason, otherwise the focus will move toward Derek Anderson or wait the base-year rules out until late next summer.

• Premium Member

A team that's more than a ONE man team.

That's all Kobe will be when he splits from Shaq. He has to prove that he can do it on his own. He would love the thought of the Tracy McGrady carry the team role. However, no one really knows if he CAN carry a team.

And my point is, since Kobe is so much better than Wells, you can't find a team where he won't be one of the best two players on it.

Kobe is one of the most talented players in the league. If you can get a player like that, you can work out the chemistry problems.

Wells, is a pretty good player, but he isn't in Kobe's class. If Wells came here, since he isn't a better player than any of our big three, he would have problems here getting what he thinks is his proper share of shots.

KG, Tmac, AI, MJ and Shaq are the only players that can carry a team and even they cant go far without help. Shaq hasn't even proved he can carry a team, he has always had another scorer around from Nick Anderson/Dennis Scott thru Kobe.

Well MJ won with only Dennis Rodman. Pippen is a sissyballing fraud. 99% fraud 1% sissyballer