• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Thread "Who should we get to replace DerMarr?"

Gray Mule

Kobe : that is a pipe ( and I mean pipe ) dream. It nice to see people thinking out of the box, but Kobe is thinking outside the room. I disagree with diesel though Kobe would automatically make us NBA Champs.

Duncan: I have called Duncan the man/sissy ball hybrid on several occasions but truth is even when sissyballing he is better than Theo and Nazr put together. I think he is actually a long shot but at least somewhere in the galaxy of possibilities. But fact is he want $$$ and to win so we have to FIRE LON and hire Alex English if we want to get him. Maybe a sign and trade with Theo next season when SA realizes that he isn't coming back.

Get KObe I have heard it all. LOL

• Premium Member

A. Kobe is No Jordan.

1. He doesn't play the defense (that Jordan Played).

2. He doesn't get doubled (like Jordan did).

The two statements I made were not independent of one another. The second two supported the first. I know that that is a foriegn concept here.

As far as the Kobe Shaq fued... It has gone on for the past 4 yrs. I picked the first article that articulated a level of this fued that showed HOW bad it can be. Weather it was this yr, last yr or 4 yrs ago, it shows what kind of player Kobe is. His own teammates call him selfish. Notice that Fox didn't come to his aid.... Instead Fox talked about the need for these two to learn to work with one another.

In reply to:

I for one am curious to see how he'd do on a team built around him and his skills.

And all I am saying is that the team that we have now is ALL wrong for Kobe. When Kobe does leave Shaq's wing, he will need a team Built around him. We don't have that. We have 3 hungry guys right now. All three of them want to be allstars. Kobe needs a team full of role players. If you don't believe it won't work.... Look at the fall of the Milwaukee Bucks again!!

You just said that you would have traded JT for Stackhouse, the biggest ballhog in the NBA, and now you're worried about there not being enough shots to go around? Please! Reference Stack for JT, you said:

"I would have taken it:

1. Stack is not as bad as they say. He gets a nice number of assists too.

2. Shareef is a player that don't need many shots and with Stack and Dog putting them up, Reef would have nothing but Green acres to work with doing damage in the lane.

3. Stack would give us the dimension of a player who can drive and score.

4. We would be sealed at the SG position."

Well guess what:

1. Kobe gets more assists per game than Stack! He damn near had as many as JT with 5.5 apg.

2. If adding Stack would take double teams off Reef, what would adding Kobe do considering that Kobe is a FAR better player than Stack.

3. If Stack would "give us the dimension of a player who can drive and score" what would Kobe give us? He drives and scores better than Stack could ever dream of! He averages 4 ppg more and shoots 47% to Stack's less than 40%.

4. If getting Stack would "seal" the SG position, what would getting arguably the best SG in the NBA do?

Kobe is so much better than Stack both offensively and defensively that its not even worth discussing. In addition, even if he is a ball hog, he is a far more talented player than Stack and he distributes the ball to his teammates more than Stack does. All of that does not even take into account the fact that Kobe would CLEARLY be our best player while Stack would be no better than our 3rd best player after Reef and Big Dog.

I was hoping you were joking when you made this ridiculous statement but knowing you, i should have realizrd that it was just one more ridiculous statement on a long list of many. All I can say is that you need to lay off the Hater-ade and recognize that Kobe is one of the best in the game. You sound just like all those Jordan haters that used to call him a ball hog back in the day. I still know guys who insist that Jordan is a ballhog despite the fact that he has 6 rings. I guess you will continue your Kobe-hate while he continues to rack up rings. I almost feel sorry for you, it must be hard being such a hater!

• Premium Member

Let's see.

This is simply resolved Trace....

Do you think that Kobe is Selfish Like Shaq said?

Secondly. You want to compare Kobe and Stack in terms of assists....

However, Stack plays with no other 20 ppg scorers. Kobe plays with the MOST DOMINANT player in the game. Who do you expect would have the most assists? I would think that Stack passing the ball to Clifford Robinson and Corliss Williamson is more remarkable and unexpected than Kobe passing to Shaq?

Lastly, you say that Stack has always been considered a ballhog... But back in 1999-2000 when he Grant Hill and Laettner he averaged 23.6, 4.5apg, and 3.8 rpg. Wasn't a ball hog or considered selfish. However, can we say the same about Showboat?

Finally, Kobe is better at the SG than Stack... However, that's not the question. The question is Where would our chemistry be with a player (KOBE) who is selfish and after Leaving Shaq would be trying to prove HIMSELF?

Here's the hint.

Kobe would take about 45 shots per game.

SAR would no longer be an allstar.

JT would get a lowball contract.

Team continuity would be GONE because just like in MIlwaukee last yr, there would not be enough balls to go around.

I DO think Kobe wanted to do too much considering that Shaq is the best player in the NBA. I also think that Kobe has done an EXCELLENT job of reigning his game in so that the team can continue to be successful. Kobe could probably lead the NBA in scoring if he were on another team but he has learned to get his while ensuring that Shaq continues to be the focal point of the offense.

If Kobe had played in Detroit last year, he would have averaged 30+ ppg and Detroit would have probably won the EC title. He would have averaged more rbg and apg than Stack did as well. A big reason that Detroit didn't play NJ in the EC Finals is because Shaq couldn't score. No way in hell would Kobe have been held to so few points in that situation. He's simply too good.

Laettner? Laettner was coming off an Achilles tendon tear and he was nowhere near the player he was in Atlanta. And yes, Stack WAS considered a ballhog back then. In fact, the reason he was traded to Detroit from Philly in the first place was because he was a ballhog.

Our chemistry with Kobe would be fine. In fact, it would probably be great because he could teach our guys what it takes to win. I KNOW JT would be willing to give up some shots to Kobe and I think Reef would be okay with it as well. I don't know about Big Dog but if he could share shots with Cassell and Allen (two players who are notorious ballhogs themselves), I'm sure he could share shots with Kobe and Reef.

Your point about JT's contract is ridiculous. You are trying to give JT a low ball contract NOW with your ridiculous 4 yr/$25 million offer so why are you concerned with how the acquisition of Kobe Bryant would affect his contract situation? I think that offer is WAY to low but you say it's fair. If he signed a deal for that amount, we could EASILY afford to keep him and Kobe. Honestly though, if getting Kobe made it impossible for us to resign JT, oh well!

You say Kobe would take 45 shots per game. If he did, he'd make 21 of them based on his 47% fg%. Throw in another 8 FTs per game (at least) and he'd average 50 ppg. Do you really think that he would shoot that much? Of course he wouldn't!

I think SAR would definitely still be an All Star. If anybody's All Star appearances became jepardized it would be Big Dog's. If we had Kobe, I could care less if Big Dog ever played in another All Star game. I'm sure Big Dog would MUCH rather have a ring than another All Star appearance and having Kobe as our SG would give him that chance.

Team continuity would be gone? What continuity? The continuity of 3 losing seasons in a row? The continuity of having less talent than most of our opponents during the last 3 years? The continuity at not having a legitimate superstar on our roster since Nique left? The continuity of not having a player on our roster who would be a crowd draw everywhere he went? The continuity of playing in a virtually empty arena every night?