• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Thread "Who should we get to replace DerMarr?"

Gray Mule

Wow. There was a common thread in this that I find very interesting. Obviously, it was written before the signing

today.

The name of Darvin Ham was listed over and over again

as someone that the Hawks should try to get. Dang,

are we good or what? The most knowledgeable fans

anywhere are to be found right here on Hawksquawk!!

Am I impressed?? You bet !! All this and Diesel and

the kid are both elated. Hawksfreak I can understand.

He is just excited to be a Great Hawks fan, but when

the Diesel gives his approval, it must be good!!

Way to go Hawks !!

Gray Mule

Way to go, Hawksquawkers -- You nailed it !!!

• Admin

you can go back years for that kinda stuff. People have been chomping at the bit to get Shareef here since like 1999, over on the AccessAtlanta boards. Near the end of last season a few of us lobbied the forums about big dog. Bam, who do we end up getting? BIG DOG. That's what happens when you have passionate fans, like the ones we have here. great post!

Well, hey sticking on the same note, I guess we need to start looking at the next guy we get. I notice we don't have a #8 on the team. So hmmm..., where could we find a good #8 player to play with us. Hey I Got It!!! Kobe Bryant!!! Yes, he will do perfect. I think his contract runs out after this year or next. I will have to check on that. I think we need to start thinking Kobe. Are you gettting this Mr. Babcock it's K O B E, he is on the Los Angeles Lakers, and he can play.

• Premium Member

Actually, Kobe is All wrong for this team. He would take the ball out of the hands of SAR, Big Dog, and JT... However, I have 2 people who we can go after that would help us in the short term and in the long term.

Short term: Micheal Dickerson. I know about the injuries. I know about the size. However, the guy can score. The guy is a team player. The guy can play defense. If we do give JT a big Deal, we should go after Dickerson. He's going to waste in Memphis anyway. We can probably get him for cheap.

Long Term: Brendan Heywood. Many people don't like him. complain about him being soft or whatever.

Rookie yr stats... 5.1 ppg, 5.2 rpg, 1.5 bpg 50% shooting all in 20 mpg. THAT IS TERRIFIC for a 3rd/4th option playing limited time.

I say we try to broker a deal that will get us Heywood. Also brokering a deal that would get us dickerson.

Something like Theo for Dickerson/Swift.

Swift for Heywood/Thomas.

It's a little crude right now... However, I expect Kwame Brown to move to the C position in Washington. If that happens, they would need a Pf for their future. I have a feeling that Jeffries will probably end up as a Sf in the future. Swift is just what the doctor order.

So today, I'm starting my Brenden Heywood campaign.

I also campaigned for SAR and Big Dog for those of you with memory. For the future, Heywood would make us better.

Sure, Brendan Haywood would be a very good addition to the Hawks, I just don't think the wiz will let him go in any trade (magic was stupid to trade him in the first place, now everybody wants Haywood).

Dickerson? I dunno, hasn't shown alot and is locked up long term with that contract of his.

Did the Hawks use any protion of the Midlevel Exception on Darvin Ham? If not I still think the Hawks should offer it all to Michael Redd, the guy rocks and is a solid 3pt shooter to boot.

I'm sure that was a joke because it is hilarious. You said:

"Actually, Kobe is All wrong for this team. He would take the ball out of the hands of SAR, Big Dog, and JT..."

All I have to say to that is GOOD! I'd LOVE to have Kobe taking the ball out of those guy's hands! JT would be one hell of a 4th option though huh?

Yea who wants that Duncan guy?He is only

the most talented player and best allround

player in league.This is one guy he is almost

promised already to go down as a all time

great.

Kobe wrong for this team?I'd trade Big Dog and Reef

both for Kobe probably:

Jason Terry

Kobe Bryant

Ira Newble

Theo Ratliff

Nazr Mohammad

Not that bad

Why do restricted free agents always tend to sign long term offer sheets? Is there some rule that says that Redd, or to take an example from earlier this year, Ricky Davis, can't sign a one year offer sheet? That way, if the offer is matched you're not stuck someplace you'd rather not be long term.

A player has to spend three years with a team before they get full Bird rights to him, so you see players looking at three year deals from other teams to get the bigger payday.

So, most players elect to either sign a long term deal with their current team or play out their option or restriction so that they can be unrestricted.

• Premium Member

Acrtually, with Showboat on this team, Terry would be a horrid 4th option because he would never see the ball.

Wake up call. Kobe is no Jordan. He doesn't play the defense. He has never had to face a double or a triple team. However, if he came here, SAR's 20 would be 7. Big Dog's 20 would be 6 and Terry's 18 would be 4 maybe 5. Sure Kobe would score about 30-32 per game... But we would only score about 81-82.

Well I hate to tell you but we don't have a

Michael Jordan on our roster either.However

he is the 3-4 best player in the league.Reef+

Big Dog=Kobe Value or maybe more.hell we

got Big Dog for a washed up old SF.

• Premium Member

It's extremely obvious that you guys don't understand Chemistry.

But here's a chemistry in basketball lesson.

Shaq and Kobe has been bickering and argueing to the point that Shaq has asked to be traded .

http://www.detnews.com/2001/pistons/0101/1...orts-175518.htm

In reply to:

An angry Shaquille O'Neal asked the Lakers to trade him two weeks ago, but general manager Mitch Kupchak didn't take the request seriously and said problems within the team will soon blow over.

"I have no knowledge of that, I read it for the first time today," said O'Neal's agent, Leonard Armato, referring to a Los Angeles Times report that O'Neal told Kupchak and coach Phil Jackson in separate conversations after a game in Phoenix on Dec. 28 that he wanted to be traded.

O'Neal, who signed a three-year, $88.4 million extension in October, putting him under contract through the 2005-06 season, called teammate Kobe Bryant
selfish
earlier this week as the Lakers' superstars took their simmering feud public.

So all you playstation junkies who can make Kobe and SAR work out on your silly game think about this. Kobe is being called Selfish by Shaq. So much so that Shaq wanted OUT. What the hell do you playstation Wanttobe GMs who know nothing about chemistry think will happen when you surround Kobe with 3 other 20 ppg players? Kobe will disrupt the Chemistry of the team and his two old nicknames will come back.... Showboat and Blackhole.

But for you guys who think that Kobe is right for THIS TEam, explain it to me. Chemistry... make it work. Tell me how Shareef won't mind missing an allstar game for the sake of keeping Showboat happy. Tell me how JT will be happy losing out on his BIG contract just to keep Showboat happy. BTW, please remember that our coach is LON "straight out of College" Kruger and NOT Phil " 9 Championships" Jackson.

I'll be waiting for a well thought out response. Don't give me this..."it works on my playstation" BS either. I think Mike P. can give a better answer than that and he's 12.

D, firstly: You said, "Kobe is no Jordan." New sentence, "He doesn't play the D." Two seperate thoughts, not one. That's where I got it from.

Secondly, you're article might carry more weight if it was somewhat recent...however it's from January 2001. I.E., two seasons ago when the Shaq/Kobe feud was in full-circulation on the media bandwagon and widely known.

I realize the importance of chemistry (don't even own a playstation, so don't get me started). I just don't get how you can so hate a player who's obviously incredibly talented and isn't afraid of the ball. Is he the second coming? Who knows - it's not his fault he's on the same team as Shaq. I for one am curious to see how he'd do on a team built around him and his skills. I'll get that wish eventually, as his career is far from over whereas Shaq has a max shelf life of about five years IMO.

Kobe as Batman with an All-Star, GREAT all-round player as Robin...that's a team I'd be afraid of. He is "all that."

PS - Jordan was probably one of the most selfish players of all-time. It's why he's the best. He wanted the ball. He said, "I know I can do it, I'm not sure about you..." The man hates(d) losing more than anything....so that Kobe is selfish thing just loses all it's steam.