Traceman.

Diesel

• Premium Member

You can go down the line trying to validate Kobe as a good player. I have never argued against his ability. He is a good player. He's just wrong Chemistrywise for this TEAM. It's going to be hard enough to find enough shots with Big Dog/JT/SAR... However, if we could find a trade that would add Kobe to that MIX... CHEMISTRY WISE, we'd be ruined. That's not doubting or second guessing Kobe's talent...

Now, let me tell you what Kobe Needs. Kobe needs an Iverson Like team. A team filled with ROLE players whoose only JOB is to Compliment Kobe. Did you ever wonder why Hughes, Jackson, Thomas, and Van Horn couldn't work with Iverson. Iverson has to be the ONLY Focus of the offense. The same is true Of Kobe. Especially after 6-7 yrs of playing under Shaq's Shawdow. Kobe will have a NEED to prove that HE is the real deal. He won't be able to do that with OUR TEAM. We have too much Chemistry to ruin it with HIM.

The difference between Him and Stack. Stack has ALREADY proved that he can be a team player and that he can carry a team. Kobe has always had the MOST DOMINANT player in the game on his side. Chemistry wise, Kobe is not right for our current team.

Kobe doesn't NEED an Iverson like team. He has proven that he can be VERY effective playing on a team in which he is not the first option. He has 3 rings to prove that. If he played for us, he WOULD be the first option. He would be free to do his thing and yet he could still get his teammates involved. He would definitely score more for us as a first option than he does in LA as a 2nd option but that doesn't mean that he would be bad for team chemistry. In fact, he would be GREAT for team chemistry because we would win a lot more. We'd be a lock to make the Finals and we'd have a good chance to win it all. Shaq is great but without Kobe, LA wouldn't beat SAC. Therefore, we'd probably meet SAC in the finals.

Vlade vs. Theo

C Webb vs. Reef

Stojokovic vs. Big Dog

Christie vs. Kobe

Bibby vs. JT

That would be one hell of a series.

As far as Stack goes, Stack hasn't proved anything. He can carry a team? To what? If he plays even halfway decent in the playoffs, they go to the EC Finals (at least).

Chemistry wise, Kobe would be PERFECT for our team. He is a SG on a team that needs a SG. He is arguably the best SG in the game. He would clearly be our best player so he wouldn't have to prove anything, he could just play. In addition, he's a solid citizen. He might not be a great locker room guy but he is a leader on the court and he's not going to get into trouble off the court.

The bottom line is that for you to say that Kobe would be bad for our team chemistry while advocating bringing in Stackhouse or Wells is just preposterous! Neither of those guys are half the player Kobe is and both are bigger malcontents.

IF we had Kobe who cares about what Big Dog

does?

I'd take

Jason Terry

Kobe Bryant

Ira Newble

Abdur Rahim

Raliff

I'd take that team anyday of the week and

challenge for the championship.

Screw how many shots Big Dog gets.If he doesn't

like it we could send him packing!

Diesel, please start calling JT, SAR's shadow because there is no better way to ensure he wins MIP, goes to the All-star game, and is in the voting for MVP than your "shadow" talk.

You are such a sucker! No to Kobe but yes to Wells???????????????????????????????????????? Yes to Stack over an "all-wrong" Kobe??? I'm hurting from laughter AT you!

W

This is the weirdest debate to ever spring up on this site. What makes anybody think we will get Kobe? And if we did what makes anybody think BD could stay. We have to ,make Cap room somewhere and BD would have to be involved in a sign and trade thus making most of this arument moot.

Kobe/JT/SAR would be perfect chemistry b/c JT and SAR dont want to shoot and Kobe doesn't want to stop shooting.

• Premium Member

There were times that I proposed we go after Iverson that you said that you don't want him as a part of this team. I think it's very hypocritical that your reasoning for Iverson not being on this team is that he's a ballhog and you can't see the same for your idol Kobe.

Young, durabale, skilled and talented above his peers. What is there to argue about. Kobe is clearly better, and what is frightening is that his game is getting better. Wisdom demands that management get the best players. If Kobe is available, take him. Stackhouse has lead his teams to nothing... Kobe has been instrumental in leading his team to three straight championships....nuff said.

• Premium Member

Kobe has helped Shaq take his team to 3 straight championships.

I know it was Shaq in the 76er series. Because Kobe had disappeared.

This past yr when Bibby was toasting Kobe's a**, what was Kobe doing??

Three yrs ago, it was Smitty and Pippen taking turns taking Kobe to the Post up. The only reason they won that series is because that Ref disqualified Wallace for Looking??

All that said, Kobe has been the robin of the batman and robin duo, but those championships are Shaq's. He earned them. Actually getting past Sac-Town was really Horry's thing.

Would i take him? I feel that he'd be wrong for this particular team. We'd have to make some trades to accomodate him. Get rid of our star players and get some Role players in return. See if Detroit would give us wallace for Reef? See if San Antonio would give us Parker and filler for JT. See if Philly would give us McKie and filler for Big Dog?

Then you have a team that can play with Kobe:

Parker/Kobe/McKie/Wallace/Theo.

Tha's a team that can work with Kobe because nobody else needs the ball. The team is built aroud Kobe.

your judgement and analysis. I watched the games and saw how Kobe was very instumental in winning each of those series. Without Kobe the Lakers would have lost. Kobe has learned how to become the very thing you argue he is not, a team player. Undoubtedly he has the talent to take over a game when necessary. Don't hate the man because he is blessed with uncommon skill and talent.

Moreover, You need to read my post again, I said he was "instumental" not that he carried the team. Additionally, I have seen him carry the Lakers and win the game for the team (by taking the last and winning shot)so your analysis breaks down there. Your skewed history lesson is a joke, how often has Stack dissapeared, or better yet, where and when has he showed up in crunch or clutch situations......none.

• Premium Member

http://espn.go.com/nba/columns/denberg/1162127.html

From March... I just want to put the final QED on what I said earlier about Kobe's chemistry....

In reply to:

Shaq and Phil are allies, both clearly exasperated with Kobe's desperate need to do everything the hard way, to ignore Shaq at all costs, to incite conflict with structure. There is absolutely no reason to think it will get better.

• Premium Member

You mean like Chicago ever got past Rodman's problems? I mean, Rodman matured playing for the Bulls right? Let's ask Cuban that?

In the meantime, here's a clue. Just because they don't talk about it doesn't mean that they've gotten past it.

was written! WHO CARES if they have gotten past their differences or not? I damn sure won't care if Big Dog and Reef fight over who's the number one option if they win two championships in a row.

And Rodman? What in the hell does he have to do with anything? Surely you are not comparing Kobe to Rodman as far as being a distraction goes. Bu even if you are, how many championships did the Bulls win in a row with Rodman again?